Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Getatt10 Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Getatt10Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Vote_lcapMotorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Voting_barMotorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Vote_lcapMotorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Voting_barMotorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Empty
PostSubject: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:29 pm

More than 3,000 screens have been bought by the Highways Agency to stop drivers in England rubbernecking when passing motorway accidents.

The partitions will be put up to deter drivers who slow down to look at crashes on the opposite carriageway and therefore slow down the traffic behind.

They form part of a Department for Transport initiative to improve accident clear-up times.

The government said the screens would "keep the motorways flowing".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20851775

about bloody time
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female
Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 pm

I just think it's tacky to do that. However if the accident is on the same side, it almost makes sense to slow down as usually some portion of the road is blocked off.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm

the accident normally happen on the other side though spicee with people trying to see what happened, and they end up in accidents, i have attended many
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female
Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 pm

We just keep going. I know I wouldn't want someone gawking at me if that were me.
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:24 pm

We could use the same sort of thing over here too.
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 6:22 pm

i thought those thing s were to stop headlamp glare to the opposite carriagway.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 6:51 pm

theyve got similar john on certain parts of the moorway system where the carraigeway curves, amd the camver makes headlights shine directly at on coming traffic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking   Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking Empty

Back to top Go down

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking
Page 1 of 1