Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Getatt10 Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Getatt10Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Vote_lcapHospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Voting_barHospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Vote_lcapHospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Voting_barHospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Empty
PostSubject: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:31 pm

A WICK man who suffers from a brain condition, is epileptic and registered blind, received "appalling" treatment when he was admitted to Caithness General Hospital.
That is the claim made this week by Catherine Duncan who was "fuming" at what happened to her 33-year-old son, Mark.
He was admitted to the accident-and-emergency department on two occasions within a three-day period last year with breathing problems. He was also suffering from panic attacks.
Miss Duncan decided to contact the John O’Groat Journal after reading our front-page story last week about the 80-year-old Thurso woman who was sent home from the hospital in a taxi just before midnight wearing only her nightdress, housecoat and slippers.
Miss Duncan intended to complain to NHS Highland at the time but got caught up in "other family issues" and did not do so.

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/Hospitals-attitude-just-has-to-stop-05042012.htm
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:51 pm

I have a friend who's husband is in and out of hospital suffering from COPD which is a lung disorder?disorders
Colin is a very quiet man and would never complain about anything but has been treated terribly on occasions while in hospital. His wife is in a wheelchair and struggles herself with mobility but when visiting Colin she has been doing what the nurses should be doing because they wait so long after pressing the bell for anyone to come along.
Colin has been put to bed fully clothed after being admitted on many occasions and has spent hours waiting on corridors even after being admitted by ambulance. Carol has been the one to find him in bed like that when she's visited the following afternoon! He is on oxigen 24 hours a day and can do nothing for himself as he cannot breathe but Carol has has had to do many things for him when she visits regardless of the fact she is in a wheelchair.
The nurses have terrible attitudes when they walk into his room and make patients feel like they are being a nuisance for asking for help.
I hope to God I don't have to spend anytime in Hospital.....
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:14 pm

do you think its because the nurses them selves are over worked and under staffed.ive always been treated very well when ive been in hospital
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:23 pm

I don't know but they can still have a nice bedside manner! I could never be horrible to a poorly person in hospital...some nurses need a change of vocation..
My mother suffered the same in LGI after having her leg amputated, she was left by certain nurses untill they noticed a visitor arriving and even then one of them was heard to say "OH what does madam want now?" she actually wanted to wee and had been waiting for over an hour apparently..She was then moved to Jimmy's and everyone was great!....so who knows.
After saying that I'm an out patient and have always been treated vefry well.............
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 pm

i supose there are good and bad in every occupation eh diane
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Yes that's true ....;)
Back to top Go down
APS
APS

Buffalo
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:11 pm

When I was in Hospital I found the nurses to be really good.
After my op I had trouble keeping food down but they just kept trying different foods till we found something I could keep down.
I never waited more than a few minutes after ringing for a nurse.
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

That's nice to hear, as WG said there good and bad in all types of ocupations..

I just noticed your signature If it's not broken I'll break it Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' 44866
Back to top Go down
fiona1964
fiona1964

Female
Dragon
Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:06 pm

When I had my twins there was a midwife there who I nearly put through a window because of the way she treated my children , My son wanted fed and see would not let me feed him because the doctors where about to do their rounds,
Me been me walked in and went to feed my son and when the doctors came to his room , I told them If this nurse came near my children again she would be going through the window
They were in the baby special care unit
Back to top Go down
http://www.inspirationforum.co.uk
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm interesting

i thought it was a new sort of attitude

more work less pay sort of thing
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Graphics Staff Administrator
Graphics Staff Administrator
Mozzie

Male
Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:33 am

Nurses here have been fighting for pay rises for along time, when i was in hospital before christmas they were really good. but i do agree they are over worked and under paid.
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Gothic_Art_Designs/index/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'   Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop' Empty

Back to top Go down

Hospital's attitude 'just has to stop'
Page 1 of 1