Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Getatt10 Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Getatt10Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Vote_lcapPlan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Voting_barPlan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Vote_lcapPlan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Voting_barPlan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Empty
PostSubject: Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost   Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Ministers are proposing a minimum price of 45p a unit for the sale of alcohol in England and Wales as part of a drive to tackle problem drinking.

The Home Office has launched a 10-week consultation on the plan, arguing it will help reduce the levels of ill-health and crime related to alcohol.

It is also considering banning multi-buy promotions, such as two-for-the-price-of-one.

The 45p proposal is 5p higher than the figure suggested by ministers in March.

i can see good and bad in this proposal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20515918
Back to top Go down
toetapping
toetapping

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost   Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 am

I haven't seen alcohol sold here two for the price of one and I am no prude I am in the liquor stores regularly and we still have the problem with binge drinking.

Don't think it will make any difference.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet@proboards.com/
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost   Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 am

I'm not much of a drinker, but if it keeps the crime rate down anywhere -- GO FOR IT ....
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost   Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 am

well i like a drink, but i dont hang about on street corners causing trouble with it, the point is bill we have a yearly budget here, so why bother if they can put things up when ever they like, this government will end up causing a civil war
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost   Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost Empty

Back to top Go down

Plan for 45p minimum alcohol cost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: