Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Getatt10 Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Getatt10Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Vote_lcapForeign doctors 'must speak English' Voting_barForeign doctors 'must speak English' Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Vote_lcapForeign doctors 'must speak English' Voting_barForeign doctors 'must speak English' Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Foreign doctors 'must speak English'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Empty
PostSubject: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Foreign doctors wanting to treat NHS patients in England will have to prove they have the necessary English skills, the government has confirmed.

Concerns were raised after a German doctor, Dr Daniel Ubani, gave a patient a fatal overdose on his first and only shift in the UK.

He had earlier been rejected for work because of poor English skills.

From April there will be a legal duty to ensure a doctor's English is up to scratch before they are employed.

Foreign doctors will have to prove they can speak a "necessary level of English" before they are allowed to treat patients in hospitals or in GP surgeries, the Department of Health said.

Dr Ubani had been refused work by Leeds Primary Care Trust, but was later employed in Cambridgeshire.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21547513
to me this stands to reason, and why have they left it so late for gods sake

Last edited by wiseguy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female
Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:50 pm

I can't say I disagree with it. How can you do your job when you can't understand the language.
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 am

spicee wrote:
I can't say I disagree with it. How can you do your job when you can't understand the language.

I agree totally.
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm

We had foreign doctors in the small town I lived in - they were British Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 415870
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 am

i bet they didnt speak english Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 44866
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Yeah they did. The town imported a whole bunch of them. Guess there was no work for doctors back in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 am

wiseguy wrote:
i bet they didnt speak english Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 44866

No they spoke Brittish Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 44866 Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm

aghh scots doctors then Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 44866
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Not a Scot among the lot - hey I made a rhyme Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 44866
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am

Most German Doctors that I have met speak very good English.
Herr Doktor Ubani doesn't sound very Kraut to me.
Maybe he has just got a German Pass-port.
Nearly every Turk here has one.
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 am

Barbarossa wrote:
Most German Doctors that I have met speak very good English. (Lawyers, Engineers,Pilots infact most qualified people do).
Herr Doktor Ubani doesn't sound very Kraut to me.
Maybe he has just got a German Pass-port.
Nearly every Turk here has one.
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:54 am

Thats good news for there .
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:19 am

I went to a Chinese Doctor in Changchun once to have some stitches.
He didn't speak a word of English.
No pain killing injection, disinfectant etc and he was smoking a cigarrete.
He keep looking in my eyes as he was stiching my hand with an ordinary sewing needle and thread.
I asked my Translater why.
She said to see if it was hurting.
(it ment that I hadn't cut through any nerves).
A very good Doctor. My respects.
Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Dang Foreign doctors 'must speak English' 415870
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:42 am

I had a Foreign Doctor today at the VA Hospital in the town that i live in, he was German and very Eloquent,Smart as Hell and new his Docktoring skills as fine as any i had come across before.
He was a German Doctor like i said and he was only 25 with his whole life to lead, and what a wonderful mark he's going to leave upon this world before he's finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreign doctors 'must speak English'   Foreign doctors 'must speak English' Empty

Back to top Go down

Foreign doctors 'must speak English'
Page 1 of 1