Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
do doctors treat people differently Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

do doctors treat people differently Getatt10 do doctors treat people differently Getatt10do doctors treat people differently Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
do doctors treat people differently Vote_lcapdo doctors treat people differently Voting_bardo doctors treat people differently Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
do doctors treat people differently Vote_lcapdo doctors treat people differently Voting_bardo doctors treat people differently Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

do doctors treat people differently

Go down 
+2
cookie
wiseguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

do doctors treat people differently Empty
PostSubject: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:50 pm

ok its just something that came into my head
i can have the same symptoms as say my son
he goes to the docs and hes got a virus or whatever

i go i drink too much or smoke too much

i will get a different diagnosis unless i tell him my sons just been and hes got such and such

i imagine its the same for over or under weight people aswell
or am i just thinking crap :dunno:
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:30 pm

I've suffered from dizzy spells for years and they are so severe when I travel that I can get ill after 5 mins in a car(so I never travel anywhere because of it)....my doctor's advice 'keep taking travel sickness pills'
my husband got some dizzy spells..and couldn't travel..he was given pills..sent to hospital..then told he had a form of vertigo

the difference is that I never go to the docs as I think them bloody useless...my husband had a stroke some years ago while young-ish so he would get better treatment than me..

my point being that u can have the same sort of thing as the other but the history of your health is important to how u get treated..and yes it has lots to do with smoking and drinking and weight too..though my husband had to give up smoking because of his health the docs still look at him as if he lies when he says he doesn't
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse
Number of posts : 2147

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:05 pm

I get it all the time. Since I've had major depressive disorder since my teens, the doctors always think anything I come to them with which is not an actual infection, must be in my head. One doc said to me I was imagining the pain in my abdomen so I would be prescribed pain medication. Turned out I had more than 40 gallstones, a result of years of anti-depressant medication which built up in my system.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:47 pm

ouch
Back to top Go down
Ice Queen
Ice Queen

Female
Tiger
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Today's doctors think only for the money and less and less for the people. They see patients as objects and not as people. And I hate most of the shrinks! They prescribe pills as if they were candies, they spend far less time on talking with patients. It's a huge problem here. Doctors want the patients out of their offices as soon as possible so they prescribe pills without maybe thinking first about a good diet and similar stuff. And what I hate the most is they blame patients for it, they blame pharmaceutical companies for it but never them selves. Fu*ck them. All of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm

do doctors treat people differently 44866 go on ice love you tell em do doctors treat people differently 44866
Back to top Go down
marti
marti

Female
Snake
Number of posts : 31433
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 am

I think doctor does treat people different and its not right
Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 am

Oh my doctor definately treats me different. :smile2:
Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 am

Ice Queen wrote:
Fu*ck them.

Ahh you could say I do !!
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse
Number of posts : 2147

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Alice wrote:
Ice Queen wrote:
Fu*ck them.

Ahh you could say I do !!

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do doctors treat people differently   do doctors treat people differently Empty

Back to top Go down

do doctors treat people differently
Page 1 of 1