Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Getatt10 Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Getatt10Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Vote_lcapBus fares - are they too high in your area? Voting_barBus fares - are they too high in your area? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Vote_lcapBus fares - are they too high in your area? Voting_barBus fares - are they too high in your area? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Bus fares - are they too high in your area?

Go down 
+3
The Ultimate Deity of TGL
Diane
wiseguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Empty
PostSubject: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 pm

they are getting shocking here if 2 of you are going to town its cheaper to get a taxi

what are they like where you live?
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Free! for me anyway....Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Diane wrote:
Free! for me anyway....Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
oh are you a pan shiner Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 pm

No I'm a twirley Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Diane wrote:
No I'm a twirley Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
nothing finer than a twirley girly Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:30 pm

I was told that twirley's got their name from getting on the first step of a bus at just 9am and asking "Am I too early?" say it fast! Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Diane wrote:
I was told that twirley's got their name from getting on the first step of a bus at just 9am and asking "Am I too early?" say it fast! Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
ah cant use the bus pass till 9 Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm

I think it's half nine actually, but seeing as I'm still in mi 20s I don't know for certain Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Diane wrote:
I think it's half nine actually, but seeing as I'm still in mi 20s I don't know for certain Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
fair enough Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 am

£1.80 for an adult, £1.20 student and £0.90p for a child fare. I remember in 2002 the adult fare was £1 and child fare was 50p and then it steadily grew by 10p for child fare. :\ Even though a Stagecoach dayrider is like £3.40 and you can use them on certain Arriva buses too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:49 am

But I use the train to get to where I need to, for free without paying as I've found a nice little loophole in the train station designs. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
Pixi Lindor
Pixi Lindor

Female
Number of posts : 4109
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 am

If i get the bus into town it costs me £3.40 return ..
I pay £40 per month for my sons bus pass ... it was £35.00 last year ..
But if i get the buss that comes from Preston it would cost me £2.80 return
Back to top Go down
fat bob
fat bob

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am

Near me there are 2 buses that use virtually the same route, but one is £1.70 and the other is £2.40, they are operated by different companies.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 am

fat bob wrote:
Near me there are 2 buses that use virtually the same route, but one is £1.70 and the other is £2.40, they are operated by different companies.
all companies using the same route should charge the same price imo
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:16 pm

fat bob wrote:

If one of them is 'Stagecoach' the other one will be off the road soon. We've always had stagecoach up here and then there was another company started a service and of course the price war started. But every time the other company put their fares down, stagecoach put them down further...............which being a large company they could afford to do. In the end the other company was forced to give up and stagecoach slammed their prices right back up again. They now have the monopoly.............and they charge like the Gordon Highlanders.

It doesn't affect me directly right enough as I'm over 60 and have bus pass. Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 795854 Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866 Bus fares - are they too high in your area? 44866
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm

You guys got your fares pretty cheap really, especially with the fuel costs these days...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:38 pm

SandyC wrote:
You guys got your fares pretty cheap really, especially with the fuel costs these days...
we dont get the wages though to cover it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bus fares - are they too high in your area?   Bus fares - are they too high in your area? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bus fares - are they too high in your area?
Page 1 of 1