Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
At what age should it be legal to drink? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

At what age should it be legal to drink? Getatt10 At what age should it be legal to drink? Getatt10At what age should it be legal to drink? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
At what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_lcapAt what age should it be legal to drink? Voting_barAt what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
At what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_lcapAt what age should it be legal to drink? Voting_barAt what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

At what age should it be legal to drink?

Go down 
+4
Invisible Kiss
Alice
maybee
wiseguy
8 posters

At what age should it be lagal to drink?
18 years old.?
At what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_lcap27%At what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
21 years old.?
At what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_lcap73%At what age should it be legal to drink? Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage

At what age should it be legal to drink? Empty
PostSubject: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 am

OK no matter what we do or say teens are going to drink anyway, but at what age should they legally be allowed to drink.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:07 am

im a heavy drinker but ive said 21
dont really know why but they seem very young at 18 and vuknerable
Back to top Go down
maybee
maybee

Female
Pig
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:58 pm

If 21 was the legal age to drink
its ironic that some of these young men would not have been old enough to drink yet sadly, old enough to die
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/flash/soldiers/tol_soldiers_flash_gallery.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfurphy/sets/
Alice
Alice

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:09 pm

I voted 18.

The answer is I feel not in the age of drinking but the attitude towards drinking. The legal age at present is eighteen but young kids are finding it easy enough to get access to alcohol just now. Its considered cool for them to go out and get smashed most weekends and many land up in A&E.

Parents ( not all ) dont seem to be bothered either when its there child whos caught or staggers home under the influence. 'Oh we all did it' is the statement most of the time.
Yes maybe but they are getting younger and younger. The answer I feel is changing everyones attitude and leaving the responsible people alone so that at eighteen they can still buy a drink.

Ok now where do I put my soap box. ;)
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:12 pm

can you still have sex and get married at 16 but cant watch a horror film till your 18
Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

mmmm thats a good one you can bonk around in the bedroom at sixteen legally but cannot go and watch an over eighteen movie with too much sex in it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:33 pm

so at what age do you think it should be legal
Back to top Go down
Invisible Kiss
Invisible Kiss

Male
Dragon
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I think it should be 21. There's a greater sense of maturity and responsibility I feel. Most 18 years old i know can't handle their drinks, and they take our seats in the pub which is unfair At what age should it be legal to drink? 44866
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:44 am

this is a hard one as no two folk are the same.
you can get married at 16.....and you can smoke at 18.?
join the forces at 16 go to war n kill at 18
drive at 16 for a bike n 17 for a car. ..(thats a dangerous thing )

whats the worst o these things???...personally i think the age of drinking should be 21.
but there are a lot of 21 yr olds less mature than some 16 yr olds.
Back to top Go down
musksnipe

musksnipe

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 pm

I voted 18.
I don't think age makes a person mature.
A 21 year old who can't drink responsibly, isn't as mature as an 18 year old who can.

And to quote an old argument: "If your old enough to die for your country, you're entitled to any and all adult benefits."
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Can't argue with that musksnipe. I think it should stay at 18 as well.

I would vote, but it won't let me. WTF
Back to top Go down
marti
marti

Female
Snake
Number of posts : 31433
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 am

its 18 up here in Canada
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At what age should it be legal to drink?   At what age should it be legal to drink? Empty

Back to top Go down

At what age should it be legal to drink?
Page 1 of 1