Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Call centres in prison considered Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Call centres in prison considered Getatt10 Call centres in prison considered Getatt10Call centres in prison considered Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Call centres in prison considered Vote_lcapCall centres in prison considered Voting_barCall centres in prison considered Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Call centres in prison considered Vote_lcapCall centres in prison considered Voting_barCall centres in prison considered Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Call centres in prison considered

Go down 
+2
Barbarossa
wiseguy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Call centres in prison considered Empty
PostSubject: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 pm

The Ministry of Justice is considering setting up call centres in prisons to increase prisoner work opportunities.

The plan is "one thing that could be considered" as part of efforts to make prisoners more employable when they finish their sentences.

No call centres are currently being run in prisons, but ministers are not ruling out such a scheme in the future.

Inmates already carry out a range of paid tasks including laundry services and printing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19206337
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Most of these prisoners are as articulate as ants.
Waste of time.
Make them sew mail-bags
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Today it's call centers,then wide screen tv's,then full saunas.
Some of these prisoners live so high on the hog it's down righr scary.They are living at a rate much higher than the pverty rate here in thu USA.
Sorry this is a sore subject with me,they should all have the basics and thats it no more no less.

Call centres in prison considered 64696
Back to top Go down
fiona1964
fiona1964

Female
Dragon
Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:25 am

This is wrong with so many people out of work it is taken work from them
Back to top Go down
http://www.inspirationforum.co.uk
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Barbarossa wrote:
Waste of time.
Make them sew mail-bags

I take it from that comment you're against prisoners getting educated so they can get jobs when they get out rather than re offending?.. the main reason crims here end up in prison is because they can't get work and support their families, so they commit crimes to make money to feed their children.. I reckon education in prison is a good idea, especially if it helps them get work when they get out..

While I'm not sure if I'd want a prisoner having access to too much info about me or not is a different matter.. but if they get educated and have a good chance of getting a job when they get out, I'm all for it, especially if the education leads to something like a degree of some kind...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
fiona1964
fiona1964

Female
Dragon
Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Sandy what a lot of people don`t like this idea it there is a lot of people out of work even here in the UK so sending these jobs to prisoner is stopping someone side of prison getting a job who want to also support their families

Yes I agree prisoner need educated as a lot of the have no real education so no hope of a job
Back to top Go down
http://www.inspirationforum.co.uk
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 pm

BASICS BASICS BASICS BASICS thats all they need to live on remember they are criminals,rapists,killers etc...
They are not college kids they are in jail for a reason,let them rot,this is a very sore subject with me,and usually i'm a very mellow person.

handsome From Big Bubba in the Cell next Door
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 pm

fiona1964 wrote:
Sandy what a lot of people don`t like this idea it there is a lot of people out of work even here in the UK so sending these jobs to prisoner is stopping someone side of prison getting a job who want to also support their families

Yes I agree prisoner need educated as a lot of the have no real education so no hope of a job

I realise that, but if we get prisoners educated, then it's going to save a lot of money long term because some will come out and get jobs rather than re offend.. it costs $100,000.00 a year to keep one prisoner in prison, which is better, cutting down the cost of keeping prisoners in prison, or leaving them in there and having them make number plates or sewing mail bags?.. just as an after thought, it's our tax money that pays to keep prisoners in prison.. $100,000.00 would do a lot to help a sick child or get them extra education if needed...
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 pm

gutcheck wrote:
BASICS BASICS BASICS BASICS thats all they need to live on remember they are criminals,rapists,killers etc...
They are not college kids they are in jail for a reason,let them rot,this is a very sore subject with me,and usually i'm a very mellow person.

handsome From Big Bubba in the Cell next Door

Going on your take, if you got a bundle of speeding tickets, which you didn't pay, you're saying you should rot in prison rather than get rehabilitated?.. IMHO many of the prisoners deserve a second chance at life just like non criminals.. I also feel most governments could do a lot more to rehabilitate prisoners than they do.. they seem more interested in building more prisons, or contracting prisons out to private companies than rehabilitating prisoners.. if they spent more money rehabilitating now, they'd spend less later keeping prisoners in prison in 10 or 15 years time, which would then start saving our tax money which could be then better used somewhere else...
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 am

that d suit a lot of those pedos, what a great way to make contacts. etc etc....and a great way for ex cons on the outside to keep in touch with them on the inside .
i dont think so , there s to many implications there. just knock the whole idea on the head and hand the fuckers a big hammer and make them break stones just like the good old days . a good bit of back breaking punishments and there d be less re-offenders im thinking.
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:02 pm

SandyC wrote:
Barbarossa wrote:
Waste of time.
Make them sew mail-bags

I take it from that comment you're against prisoners getting educated so they can get jobs when they get out rather than re offending?.. the main reason crims here end up in prison is because they can't get work and support their families, so they commit crimes to make money to feed their children.. I reckon education in prison is a good idea, especially if it helps them get work when they get out..

While I'm not sure if I'd want a prisoner having access to too much info about me or not is a different matter.. but if they get educated and have a good chance of getting a job when they get out, I'm all for it, especially if the education leads to something like a degree of some kind...

Educate them by all means (most prisons have got Libraries and Teachers).
But to give them jobs as Call Center agents would give them the oppertunity to carry on their busineses which probably got them banged up in the first place. (a lot of Wheeling and dealing is done on Telephones).
Prisons are much too soft.
And talking about education, shouldn't it be used for teaching children?
Look at the drivel on Facebook.
Convicts had their chances and blew them.
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Yes again johno and i feel the old school method works the best ,bread and water,shower weekly,break those boulders ,sew those bags etc...
Bring back that old time rock n roll !!!!!!

Call centres in prison considered 665317
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 am

Barbarossa wrote:
SandyC wrote:
Barbarossa wrote:
Waste of time.
Make them sew mail-bags

Educate them by all means (most prisons have got Libraries and Teachers).
But to give them jobs as Call Center agents would give them the oppertunity to carry on their busineses which probably got them banged up in the first place. (a lot of Wheeling and dealing is done on Telephones).
Prisons are much too soft.
And talking about education, shouldn't it be used for teaching children?
Look at the drivel on Facebook.
Convicts had their chances and blew them.

As mentioned, a lot of prisoners are already in prison due to a lack of education, and therefore the opportunity to get a job that pays well enough to keep them away from crime.. if you thought you could get away with nicking a loaf of bread and a pint of milk to feed the kids, would you be a little tempted?.. I think if most people were honest, they'd be tempted, even though they don't do it..

Education and being used for call centre work are two different things.. I'm not sure I'd want a prisoner having access to my personal information, or free access to a phone unmonitored.. IF the prisoners were monitored by prison staff, and there was some cast iron guarantees the phones were only used for what they are intended for, I might be inclined to go along with it, but I'd still have reservations..

Books alone don't get degrees like a BA or a BSc, a mixture of well qualified teachers and books do.. give the prisoners the means to get a decent job, and who knows, they may get out and make something of themselves and contribute to society instead of each prisoner costing taxpayers around $100,000.00 a year to keep in prison.. which would you folks prefer, one person paying good tax money, or one prisoner costing $100,000.00 a year of your tax money to be kept inside because they re offend?...
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Good post Sandy.
BUT as we all know some Prison Wardens are sometimes prone to taking a bribe now and then. (everyone has their price).
And as for nicking Bread and Milk, most of my relatives are Australians.
In the good old days, they used Glean the fields so nobody really had to perloin (I like that word) anything.
You also mentioned that because of a lack of education, a lot of people commit crime.
Stop mollycodling convicted prisoners (rapists, paedos, etc etc).
Take all of their T.v's away, gameboys, radios, in fact take everything away from them.
They are in prison, not a bloody Holiday Camp.
With all of the savings, the Government should invest it in education for not so priveliged children and they have better chances of getting jobs later on in their lives and won't end up in prison like their Uncle Tom who cannot read and write.
So what I mean is Give the Kids a chance of an education which undoubtidly could keep them out of Nick and let the Lags do their time and suffer.
That will make them think twice about breaking Laws.
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

most of them are only in the nick, obviously cos they got caught, it s an inconvenience to them , just waiting to get out an get up to their old tricks again. if the nick was nt so soft n easy only the real tough nuts would be back.
take the extras away from them and give them to the pensioner whos worked his/her ass off all their lives and get a pittance in return
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:07 am

I Second that all the way !!!!!!!

Call centres in prison considered 421900719
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 am

johno wrote:
most of them are only in the nick, obviously cos they got caught, it s an inconvenience to them , just waiting to get out an get up to their old tricks again. if the nick was nt so soft n easy only the real tough nuts would be back.
take the extras away from them and give them to the pensioner whos worked his/her ass off all their lives and get a pittance in return

So you're against rehabilitating and educating them so they pay taxes instead of sucking up thousands of pounds of your tax money to keep them locked up?.. As I say, $100,000.00 a year to keep one prisoner inside, that comes out of our taxes.. I know I'd sooner see an attempt at rehabilitation and education, then when they get a real job they can pay the money back by paying taxes...
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

When one considers that about fifty percent of criminals are banged up for petty drug offenses 100.ooo.oo bucks does seem a lot of money but that is another story.
Look at how the Russians, Chinese even the Turks treat their prisoners.
Now they are real prisons and a deterant for even the most stupid, uneducated potential Villans.
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am

What will come next?
Prisoners getting jobs as Baby-sitters, Dog-walkers, Errand-boys?
Too many Ultra-Liberal people in our Governments.
That is where the real problem is.
'Aw give him a chance, he promises that he won't do it again.
What a lot of old cobblers.
Sewing Mail-bags is an education and a trade.
They can open up little Tailor shops when they have served their time.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:21 pm

So, if you went to prison for what ever reason, lets say burglary, that way you had money to feed your children, would you like a second chance and maybe right your wrongs, or would you prefer everyone raggin on you over it for the rest of your life?.. where I come from, everyone screws up to some degree, the same people deserve a second chance to put things to rights again.. this isn't a perfect world, neither are the people in it, but we all deserve a second chance...
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I know a lot of people that have been in and out of prisons most of their lives.
If you said to them that they can have another chance, of course they would jump at the chance.
In probably less than a year, they would all be back in their cells playing with their Game-boys or pumping themselves up in the Prison Gym.
There is an old saying 'Once bitten, twice shy'. I wouldn' trust them myself ever again.
They had their chances and blew them.
I don't know any ex-Lags who would be prepared to right their wrongs.
Most of them are just pure evil.
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:12 am

I agree Barbarossa most of them are just pure evil, and belong locked down/in forever and throw that key away.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 am

Well, if you guys ever go to prison, no second chances for you then...
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:19 am

Barbarossa wrote:
I know a lot of people that have been in and out of prisons most of their lives.
If you said to them that they can have another chance, of course they would jump at the chance.
In probably less than a year, they would all be back in their cells playing with their Game-boys or pumping themselves up in the Prison Gym.
There is an old saying 'Once bitten, twice shy'. I wouldn' trust them myself ever again.
They had their chances and blew them.
I don't know any ex-Lags who would be prepared to right their wrongs.
Most of them are just pure evil.

May I suggest you know a few that don't want to be changed?.. a few bad eggs will spoil it for others where ever you go.. those few shouldn't spoil it for the majority..

I know a lot of people that've been inside for various things ranging from burglary to murder, they got given a second chance and now have good jobs and are paying around $20,000.00 a year in taxes instead of costing the taxpayers here $100,000.00 each a year to stay in prison...
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 am

So, there are some 'Good Eggs' in Prison then?
Why are they there in the first place?
Once a Dog has tasted blood, it wants more.
A murderer is just the same.
What is a murderer doing out on the wrong side of the Bars for?
Did he do his ten or less years and is now a respected member of society?
I really don't think so.

P.s a Murderer should be executed with drugs that only cost a few cents.
Save the Tax-payers millions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call centres in prison considered   Call centres in prison considered Empty

Back to top Go down

Call centres in prison considered
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next