Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
What you love and hate about your home town Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

What you love and hate about your home town Getatt10 What you love and hate about your home town Getatt10What you love and hate about your home town Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
What you love and hate about your home town Vote_lcapWhat you love and hate about your home town Voting_barWhat you love and hate about your home town Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
What you love and hate about your home town Vote_lcapWhat you love and hate about your home town Voting_barWhat you love and hate about your home town Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

What you love and hate about your home town

Go down 
+7
marti
toetapping
SandyC
Mozzie
APS
Diane
wiseguy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

What you love and hate about your home town Empty
PostSubject: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 pm

what do you love about your home town?

what do you hate about your home town?
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:03 pm

I love where I live because I'm surrounded by people I've always known...I've lived in the same house for 37 years. My neighbours are our friends who we go on holiday with and my family live within walking distance..I look out onto countryside from my windows.
I hate the way my favoutite little shopping place has got so run down even though the council renovated it a few years ago, the people who live around that area now have no respect for nice things, mostly out of work and druggies and Eastern Europeans, not that I have a problem with them they just get shoved anywhere so not their problem but I very rarely go now only to the building society and bank....
Back to top Go down
APS
APS

Buffalo
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

We have lived in the same house for 28 yrs and know most of the people in the street.
Hate shopping in Birmingham City Centre would rather go to Wednesbury.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:44 pm

APS wrote:
We have lived in the same house for 28 yrs and know most of the people in the street.
i used to go through wednesbury on the way to dudley every night some years ago
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Graphics Staff Administrator
Mozzie

Male
Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I hate it where i llive, to mant people walking around in the middle of the night, sirens all night ling, everywhere you go there is graffiti and damage tp places, i want to move to the country more, get away from here.
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Gothic_Art_Designs/index/
APS
APS

Buffalo
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:10 pm

wiseguy wrote:
APS wrote:
i used to go through wednesbury on the way to dudley every night some years ago

So you were Dudley's only visitor What you love and hate about your home town 415870
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:17 pm

i used to be a night trunk driver What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Mozzie wrote:
I hate it where i llive, to mant people walking around in the middle of the night, sirens all night ling, everywhere you go there is graffiti and damage tp places, i want to move to the country more, get away from here.
sounds grim mate where are you
country etc
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:48 am

Mozzies an Aussie...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 am

and we have the impression here that oz is a clean quiet lovely place
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

wiseguy wrote:
and we have the impression here that oz is a clean quiet lovely place

Yes I had that impression as well..............but there are good and bad areas wherever you go.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Likes? I'm in a smaller city so there's a much friendlier atmosphere here.. good climate, most of the time and not the two speeds like big cities, flat out and stop.. a lot of the people here like the work hard, play hard thing, but play fair and be friendly..

The only downside of being in a smaller place is that people know what you're doing before you do it, sometimes it's good, other times it aint so flash.. the only other thing that bugs me is the elderly dithering their way round the supermarkets, they love standing in front of things and fondling them for 5 or 10 minutes while they decide to buy or not, that sleep shopping is a pain What you love and hate about your home town 44866...

After living in our capital city for over 20 years and putting up with the flat out life style, it's good to be somewhere that's a lot more laid back though...
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Mozzie

Male
Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:43 am

Yeah there is good and bad eveywhere, 80 km's south of me is a good place to be...
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Gothic_Art_Designs/index/
toetapping
toetapping

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:46 am

I love where I live because of the beaches, great weather all year around.

I hate where I live because we do get a lot of tourists because of the above.

Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet@proboards.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 am

toetapping wrote:
I love where I live because of the beaches, great weather all year around.

I hate where I live because we do get a lot of tourists because of the above.

but does the tourism help the local area to stay nice?
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am

Good reasons to like a place toetapping.. I have beaches and a river within 15 minutes drive of me too.. we have the National Aquarium here and used to have MarineLand until the last dolphin died and the local council then decided to close it down..

We get a lot of tourists too, but they come here for the weather and wineries, we have heaps of wineries in the area, then there's the gannets @ Cape Kidnappers, that seems to get a lot of tourists going there..

The downside I didn't mention about here is there's stuff all work, what work there is is basically seasonal.. all the boring stuff like fruit picking or tourist related work in the hotels, motels and cafes.. we have a big industrial area, but you need qualifications to get a job in there...
Back to top Go down
marti
marti

Female
Snake
Number of posts : 31433
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:51 am

what i love i know lots of people
what i hate about it it is to small
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:26 pm

I love everything about where I live as I've lived here all my life and I know almost everyone else in the place and my family live here too. I also love that its a small village and I can see hills and fields all around me and there are some beautiful areas around here for walking.

I don't hate anything about it.
Back to top Go down
lovely
lovely

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:05 pm

I hate the drama and school system. The teachers are cheesey and don't care about teaching.

I love the views. We have a awesome mountain views. Plus we don't get severe weather much.
Back to top Go down
http://southisland.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
crusher21
Admin
Admin
crusher21

Male
Tiger
Number of posts : 2361
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:40 am

i hate this town cos wiseguy lives here What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:13 am

A good reason What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:58 am

crusher21 wrote:
i hate this town cos wiseguy lives here What you love and hate about your home town 44866
now that aint nice What you love and hate about your home town 44866,you could always move cos i aint What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:02 pm

crusher21 wrote:

Awwwww! that's not nice crusher.............you'll be giving him a complex. What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:03 pm

mazzie wrote:
crusher21 wrote:

Awwwww! that's not nice crusher.............you'll be giving him a complex. What you love and hate about your home town 44866
i will give him a complex when i see him a red bloody nose What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:04 pm

What you love and hate about your home town 44866 What you love and hate about your home town 44866 What you love and hate about your home town 44866 What you love and hate about your home town 44866
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you love and hate about your home town   What you love and hate about your home town Empty

Back to top Go down

What you love and hate about your home town
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next