Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Getatt10 Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Getatt10Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Vote_lcapHas the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Voting_barHas the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Vote_lcapHas the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Voting_barHas the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Empty
PostSubject: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:11 am

The benefits of 24-hour drinking have failed to materialise and tougher action is needed to tackle alcohol-related problems, the Home Office says. Do you agree?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/haveyoursay/2010/07/has_the_law_to_let_drinking_es.html
Back to top Go down
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:18 pm

When they brought in the 24 hour drinking culture I said at the time that it was going to cause problems. In my opinions all it does is gives alcoholics even more reason to go into the pub and drink themselves into a stupor but thats just my opinion, probably because Thomas's dad is an alcoholic and spends most of his life in the pub, thats why we split up in the end
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm

I don't honestly think the licencing laws make a great deal of difference. If people want to drink 24/7 they will. As for the antisocial behaviour resulting from alcohol.............that's going to happen anyway, whether they're open 24 hours or not. Most of the antisocial behaviour takes place outside night clubs when they spill out in the middle of the night. Tanked up youngsters, a lot of them bahaving completely out of character because of the drink, get into situations and violence seems to be the way out these days. Unfortunately, due to the level of violence used, some of them don't live to tell the tale and that's the sad aspect of all this.

In our area, most of the problems involve under age drinkers who always find a way to get their hands on the booze. In these cases, I blame parents who hand out too much money to these kids. Most of them are still at school so there is only one place they're getting the cash to buy booze.......from mum and dad to get them out of the way. pah! Some of them could do with taking a crash course in parenting. Its never done any kid any good to get things handed to them willy nilly but that seems to be the norm nowadays.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Am I showing my age here??????????????????

Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 64696
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:43 pm

your correct there mazzie
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm correct in what I say..............................or I'm correct, I am showing my age Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:47 pm

your showing your age Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Wrong answer..........................sod off Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866 Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866 Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866 Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866 Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? 44866
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?   Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has the 24-hour drinking culture 'failed'?
Page 1 of 1