Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
knife culture Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

knife culture Getatt10 knife culture Getatt10knife culture Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
knife culture Vote_lcapknife culture Voting_barknife culture Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

knife culture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: knife culture   knife culture EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:32 pm

i am seriously sick of hearing everyday,on the news that another teenager has been stabbed
i got seriously stabbed when i was 18
and they nearly killed me.
they only got 5yrs and 3 yrs
its about time that
even if in possesion of a knife that they are locked up for a good lengh of time
Back to top Go down
Cerina
Cerina

Female
Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-05-19

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:02 pm

It is so scary and the more kids hear about other kids carrying knives, the more they are going to feel they have to carry one to protect themselves.
Back to top Go down

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:36 am

wiseguy wrote:
i am seriously sick of hearing everyday,on the news that another teenager has been stabbed
i got seriously stabbed when i was 18
and they nearly killed me.
they only got 5yrs and 3 yrs
its about time that
even if in possesion of a knife that they are locked up for a good lengh of time

I agree with you fully, if they are caught with a knife on them, then the intent is to use it, that's the truth. They will probably say it was to protect themselves, which still shows, intent to use if neccesary. A mandatory prison sentence i think. Make them think twice about it. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:10 pm

wg totally agrees
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
Papa Lazarou

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-20

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm

I am weary all the time I go anywhere, anybody could pull out a knife and stab you anywhere and anytime...Its redicous.

I fear my for my bother coz he has learning difficulties.
its a joke, it really it.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:41 pm

and our area well my flats area is not the best f places eh papa :(
Back to top Go down

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:57 pm

I read in todays press and saw on the news today at 1 O'clock that the powers that be are spending 3 million pounds on putting graphic pictures of stabbing related incidents on 'facebook' and similar sites, also on mobile phones, this they think will put youngsters off carrying a knife. Who do they think they are kidding. I've got a better solution than that, If caught with a knife in your possession, it's 3 strokes of the birch, for a second offence 5 strokes. If they actually stab somebody but the person does survive then 10 strokes. For murder by stabbing, prison of course. The birch would only need to be used once and that would put them straight. Remember the saying, spare the rod and spoil the child, well, cast your mind back to the 60s, two lads with a catalogue of petty crime to their name, from the Isle of Man caused trouble. However, the authorities decided to make an example of these two and birched them both. None of the two ever broke the law again. Recently(2007) one of them spoke out in favour of the birch, he said that he had never experienced pain like that before and the thought of feeling like that again, put him on the straight and narrow. His friend was the same. He also says prison is'nt the answer because they would be looked after there and have all the mod cons, so why be afraid to go there. This namby pamby culture we live in, is'nt working. You have to be cruel to be kind, so lets get with it sooner rather than later. :twisted: :twisted:
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:09 pm

i agree whole heartedly apart from one bit :shock:
murder
if they murder someone then birch the bastards till they are dead
i panic everytime my lads go into town
and cant sleep untill they are back knife culture 44866
and they are 19 and 22 knife culture 44866
Back to top Go down
Cerina
Cerina

Female

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:21 pm

According to an eminent A&E surgeon, and the police, the most common knife used by these kids is a kitchen knife, which is why a knife amnesty wouldn't work.

What the doctor is suggesting, and to some extent it does make sense, is to stop producing pointed kitchen knives and give them blunt or rounded ends. A blunt ended knife might cause severe cuts but the risk of it actually killing someone is low. With a pointed knife, once the point has pierced the skin, the rest of the knife can easily penetrate up to the hilt.

It is rare that you need a pointed knife in the kitchen as it is generally the cutting blade that is used, so this could cut down the number of knife related deaths and serious injuries.

In a recent crackdown, Police arrested 200 'youths' and retrieved approximately the same number of knives from those arrested.

As for penalties, I think you are right, KL. Prison does nothing for them apart from teach them to be better criminals and how to get stoned, so an alternative does need to be found. The birch is an excellent idea for those caught carrying, but it does need to be something heavier for those who actually use. I can't agree with you, WG, about the death penalty as I can't help but feel that when the death penalty is used it reduces us to the same level as those who commited the crime. I cannot justify to myself that it can ever be right to take the life of another person, whatever the circumstances.

I don't know what the answer is, but the current penalties are certainly not sufficient to put kids off carrying.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:24 pm

im not using a rounded steak knife to open my bottles for no delinquent teenagers 👅
my 2 lads wouldnt dream of going out this house with anything but there wallet
so i think its deeper rooted and parents have got a lot to be blamed for but so has the uk society
what with no punishing your kids no cane at school etc
when i was a lad
hark at me
the local policeman would clip you around the ear and tell u to get home or he would tell your dad
and by christ that scared me
so what is the answer ???????? :shock:
Back to top Go down
Mirage
Mirage

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-06-12

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 pm

I get really angry with all the youth related crimes. In thier stupid little heads thinking a knife will sort out their problems. Way too many families have lost people due to these little punks!!!!

I remember hearing a story a while back where a kid was getting some money out at a cashpoint when he felt something hitting his back, he turned round to find someone with a knife wanting his money. The kid never realised how close he came to be cut until he got home and saw the slash marks on his hoodie. Luckily his mum had bought him a knife-proof hoodie so he wasn't injured.

But is that the way things are going, where soon everyone will have to be walking around with body armour on!!!
Back to top Go down
Cerina
Cerina

Female

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:22 pm

I don't know if any of you saw this article in August last year ... just in time for the start of the new term. :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-475244/Stab-proof-school-uniforms-sale-protect-pupils-knife-attacks.html
Back to top Go down
Mirage
Mirage

Male
Dog

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah, heard about that, and I've just found the story I was on about. It was in the metro last year, around the same time as the article you posted Cerina

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=61125&in_page_id=34
Back to top Go down
Cerina
Cerina

Female

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:11 pm

I can't decide if it is an over-reaction or a sad indictment of modern society. :|
Back to top Go down
Mirage
Mirage

Male
Dog

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

I know what you mean, but I'm leaning towards it's the way of society today.
Back to top Go down
Glamrock

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-31

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm

One of my sons got done a few years ago for stabbing someone.believe me Im not proud of it .What pissed me off more than anything about it was his sentence,he got 4 years,now thats all well and good ,but this is the daft part,within 6 months he was being let out for town visits,obviously accompanied by myself and within 18 months he was let out altogether,now remember this is my son Im talking about.The sentence was apt but the actual carrying out of it was ridiculous,he came out and within 12 months he was in trouble again,same thing happened in and out within 4 months.He is now of the mind that the law is soft and doesnt give a toss about anything,maybe if they had been harder in the first place he may have learned something,.Its ok making public statements about the perils of knife crime but if they are not going to punish it as it should be punished then..well you tell me.
I dont talk to my son now for other reasons compounded with his F.U. attitude,but at the end of the day he's still my son and I feel that in his state of mind all I have to look forwarded to is him either spending a hell of his life locked up or getting the knock on the door saying he's on a slab.Maybe if he had been made to do the 4 years instead of being mollycoddled by the system I wouldnt have the aforesaid worries...who knows with any luck he may grow up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

knife culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife culture   knife culture Empty

Back to top Go down

knife culture
Page 1 of 1