Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Should we change our eating habits?  Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Should we change our eating habits?  Getatt10 Should we change our eating habits?  Getatt10Should we change our eating habits?  Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Should we change our eating habits?  Vote_lcapShould we change our eating habits?  Voting_barShould we change our eating habits?  Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Should we change our eating habits?  Vote_lcapShould we change our eating habits?  Voting_barShould we change our eating habits?  Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Should we change our eating habits?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Should we change our eating habits?  Empty
PostSubject: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 pm

The NHS watchdog NICE is calling for trans-fats - which are often found in biscuits, cakes and fast food - to be eliminated from food in England. Would you welcome such a move?

The artificial fats prolong the shelf life of food - but they have no nutritional value and can damage health.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) is also pressing for further reductions in salt and saturated fats. Its experts say 40,000 of the 150,000 annual deaths are "eminently preventable".

Should healthier foods be subsidised? Would you like to see colour coding on food products? Have you recently changed your diet and taken up more exercise?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/haveyoursay/2010/06/should_we_change_our_eating_ha.html
Back to top Go down
Destiny
Destiny

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:33 am

We know it's not good for us when we pick it up off the shelves but it sure does taste good....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dailychatter.co.uk
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm

I cant really see it making any difference if they do change all the labels etc, people buy and always will buy the food they love the taste of and lets face it, most stuff thats bad for you tastes delicious. People who are on a healthy eating regime chack all the fats and stuff on labels anyway and know what to look out for
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm

i need to change mine
ie get some food in me good or bad for me
plus i just go for what i can afford :dunno:
Back to top Go down
Free Bird
Free Bird

Female
Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Id welcome the change with open arm's.......can't see the point adding it if it has no nutritional value and can damage health. Obviously just there like it say's to prolong storage life,,,,,,just have to eat the food quicker Should we change our eating habits?  44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 pm

We all know that processed food is not as good for us as fresh produce but it doesn't stop us buying it. Its like livingdoll said, we buy the food we like the taste of and unless I'm on a diet, I don't bother to read the labels.

But I don't agree with this artificial fat being added just to prolong the shelf life. That's for the benefit of the retailer, and not the customer and if its damaging to health, then it should be removed.

Having said all that, we've all done some stuff in our lives that could cause damage to our health and there was nobody to blame but ourselves............................ smoking, drinking to excess, not taking any exercise............but we're only human and as a famous lady once said "You gotta die of something"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we change our eating habits?    Should we change our eating habits?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we change our eating habits?
Page 1 of 1