Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Assisted Suicide Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Assisted Suicide Getatt10 Assisted Suicide Getatt10Assisted Suicide Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Assisted Suicide Vote_lcapAssisted Suicide Voting_barAssisted Suicide Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Assisted Suicide

Go down 
+2
Candy
mazzie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm

MSP Margo MacDonald has launched a bid to legalise assisted suicide in Scotland. I've just read this article in the Daily record and I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on, to be honest. I think it would have to be a well controlled law but at the same time I can understand why people would want it to go through. I think when you have watched people close to you die from terminal illness, which has reached the stage of being a one way street, then its a very attractive option. But I also think its a minefield and would have to be well tied up to protect it from abuse. What do you all think? If you want to read the Margo MacDonald story, here's the link.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/2010/01/22/margo-macdonald-sparks-debate-with-plea-to-legalise-assisted-suicide-86908-21986920/
Back to top Go down
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Ths is a difficult one. There are so many genuine cases where people want to help put their loved ones out of their misery, but I can’t really see they will legalise it, or maybe I just hope they don’t, because there will always be those that are ready to abuse the system and use it on the most vulnerable
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 pm

for me I'd like the option of doing it if needed..surrounded by my family and feeling loved...not living in pain for years knowing I'm going to die anyway
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:37 pm

i agree with it and it should be my option
Back to top Go down
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 am

I can understand people wanting to help their loved ones out of their pain in terminal illnesses but after helping care for my father when he was dying of a brain tumour and in the pain he was in I still wouldnt be able to bring myself to do this myself.
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 pm

cookie wrote:
for me I'd like the option of doing it if needed..surrounded by my family and feeling loved...not living in pain for years knowing I'm going to die anyway

i agree entirely but i think the patient and the doctors/authority s concerned should have a pre arranged signed & witnessed documentation before the patient get s to the stage where he/she is so dosed up with drugs that they dont know where they are. take the onus away from the immediate family.? if its legal and thats what the affected person wants so it should be , let the person die peacefully without pain and with some dignity.
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 pm

livingdoll wrote:
I can understand people wanting to help their loved ones out of their pain in terminal illnesses but after helping care for my father when he was dying of a brain tumour and in the pain he was in I still wouldnt be able to bring myself to do this myself.

I think, like I said already its a very tempting option but I don't think I could handle it either livingdoll. I agree with johno, its something that would ideally have to be settled before the person concerned got to the stage of being unable to make a rational decision, either with drugs or the illness, but this would have to be legally tied up to protect everyone concerned.
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:58 pm

mazzie wrote:
livingdoll wrote:

I think, like I said already its a very tempting option but I don't think I could handle it either livingdoll. I agree with johno, its something that would ideally have to be settled before the person concerned got to the stage of being unable to make a rational decision, either with drugs or the illness, but this would have to be legally tied up to protect everyone concerned.

excactly Mazzie, spot on. if i ever found my self in that position , i would like to be able to decide my on own . where the end is inevitable and there would be pain with no quality of life, id like to make my choice taking the onus away from my wife and family.
therefore im all for euthanasia to be legalised where a slow painfull death is inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assisted Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Assisted Suicide Empty

Back to top Go down

Assisted Suicide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The serious section :: Debates And Serious Topics-
Jump to: