Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
back behind the wheel Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

back behind the wheel Getatt10 back behind the wheel Getatt10back behind the wheel Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
back behind the wheel Vote_lcapback behind the wheel Voting_barback behind the wheel Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
back behind the wheel Vote_lcapback behind the wheel Voting_barback behind the wheel Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

back behind the wheel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

back behind the wheel Empty
PostSubject: back behind the wheel   back behind the wheel EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 pm

A woman whose family was told she would not survive after a car crash left her in a coma, is back behind the wheel.

Candace Emptage, from County Durham, was on a life-support machine for two months after her car was in collision with an ambulance in 2010.

The ex-model, of Burnopfield, suffered severe brain injuries and had to learn to walk and talk again.

Now driving again, after re-passing her test, she has put stickers on her car to make sure she recognises it.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I'm trying to prove a point by driving again - the doctors said I wouldn't, so I said: 'Will I not?'”

Candace Emptage
It also has a sticker on the back window with the warning: "Serious car crash victim - the closer you come the slower I go".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-20875579

Back to top Go down
spicee
spicee

Female
Number of posts : 1323
Registration date : 2012-11-02

back behind the wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: back behind the wheel   back behind the wheel EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Well done to her.
Back to top Go down

back behind the wheel
Page 1 of 1