Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
banning skirts from schools Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

banning skirts from schools Getatt10 banning skirts from schools Getatt10banning skirts from schools Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
banning skirts from schools Vote_lcapbanning skirts from schools Voting_barbanning skirts from schools Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
banning skirts from schools Vote_lcapbanning skirts from schools Voting_barbanning skirts from schools Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

banning skirts from schools

Go down 
+2
mazzie
wiseguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

banning skirts from schools Empty
PostSubject: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:24 pm

A Hertfordshire school is to ban skirts from its uniform because of concerns about their length.

Pupils at Freman College in Buntingford have been told trousers will be compulsory for girls who start at the school this September.

Skirts will be banned for all students under 16 from September 2013.

Governors took the decision after staff reported skirt length had become a "major issue" which could "impact adversely on girls' learning".

Girls under 16 currently have the choice of wearing skirts or trousers.

A staff working group recommended to the board of governors that students should not be allowed to wear skirts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-17432623

is this fair?
should it be allowed?
are they taking the Femininity away from the girls?
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I've seen the length of some of the skirts getting on the school bus around here and I think they're maybe pushing the boundaries a bit. Lets just say, no daughter of mine would be going to school in some of them. I know that makes me sound like a fuddy duddy but I can assure you, I'm not. There's nothing wrong with short sjkirts and dresses (I was a teenager in the days of the mini) but I'm of the opinion that a school uniform is a school uniform and uniform means they should all be the same, or near enough the same. So the school should be able to stipulate a miminum length for girls skirts. That's what they used to do. I think banning them altogether may be a step too far and smacks of the nanny state again.
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

i have to agree with you mazzie , i have two boys no girls . but school is not a fashion show they are there to learn . a uniform means a uniform
all skirts should be a stated lenth according to the height /age of the wearer .
like it says uniform.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

i agree with a minimum length,im sure it was no higher than 1 inch above the knee when i was at school
terrible realy we had to make the girls climb some thing for a glimpse banning skirts from schools 44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Typical! banning skirts from schools 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 pm

mazzie wrote:
Typical! banning skirts from schools 44866
those navy blue granny pants banning skirts from schools 44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 pm

We had to take P.E. in them.............summer and winter. Brrrrrrr!
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:19 pm

did you have mxd PE banning skirts from schools 681449
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Ha Ha Ha!!! What are you like banning skirts from schools 44866
It has completely turned around since my daughter was at middle and high school, girls weren't allowed to wear trousers! Things changed when an Asian girl started and wore those bottoms that they wear which were like trousers and eventually after many complaints by the kids they were allowed.
We had to wear gymslips, blazers and gaberdine coats everyone looked identical banning skirts from schools 44866 Oh and bottle green knickers which we also had to do PE in, even when the window cleaners were cleaning windows in the gym!
and showers!! we were forced to shower with the butch teacher watching us banning skirts from schools 44866
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate Deity of TGL
The Ultimate Deity of TGL

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 pm

The school should give out the uniform instead, makes it alot easier for them to moderate the length then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:12 pm

The Ultimate Deity of TGL wrote:
The school should give out the uniform instead, makes it alot easier for them to moderate the length then.
believe it or not tgl,all girls are not the same height banning skirts from schools 44866.but i know what you mean
bottle green knickers eh banning skirts from schools 44866
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:08 pm

banning skirts from schools 44866 those passion killers banning skirts from schools 965413
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 am

johno wrote:
banning skirts from schools 44866 those passion killers banning skirts from schools 965413
i was young nothing could kill my passion in those days banning skirts from schools 44866
Back to top Go down
toetapping
toetapping

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 am

I wore school uniforms in the day of the mini but our school uniform had to be knee length.

I am not into seeing bottle green knickers either. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet@proboards.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 am

toetapping wrote:
I wore school uniforms in the day of the mini but our school uniform had to be knee length.

I am not into seeing bottle green knickers either. LOL
banning skirts from schools 44866

i was in school in the 70,s more or less anything goes era
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: banning skirts from schools   banning skirts from schools Empty

Back to top Go down

banning skirts from schools
Page 1 of 1