Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Getatt10 Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Getatt10Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Vote_lcapFireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Voting_barFireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Vote_lcapFireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Voting_barFireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Empty
PostSubject: Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark   Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:04 pm

The creator of children's character Fireman Sam has criticised the treatment he received after he was detained at Gatwick Airport.

David Jones was held for questioning as he passed through x-ray scanners after asking why a veiled Muslim woman was not checked by airport security.

Mr Jones said he had been flying to Portugal and joked about wearing his scarf over his face.

Gatwick Airport said his comments had offended some security staff.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

It was a quip, but when I got to the end... I was bagged by a security guard”

David Jones
Former fireman Mr Jones, 67, was on his way to Faro in the Algarve, where he now lives.

He was asked to place his belongings, including his scarf, into a tray to pass through the scanner.

However, as he did so, he spotted the woman pass through the area without showing her face.

Speaking to Radio 4's Today programme, he recalled how he said to officials: "I wonder what would happen if I covered my face with my scarf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-17181861
Back to top Go down
Shortie861
Shortie861

Female
Tiger
Number of posts : 848
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark   Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 pm

He does have a good point to be honest though I have to agree, just because they are muslim and wear a veal does that honestly mean that they are allowed to bypass rules that we have to go by?

I understand that they have a religion and they tend to stick by it but I think officials in this Country really are starting to take things too far and it's all because they don't want to look racist.

I think it's wrong and this country really is going down the toilet as regards freedom of speech and airing your opinion when you feel something is out of place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chat-addicts.com

Fireman Sam creator David Jones held over veil remark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: