Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
NHS prescription costs to increase in England Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

NHS prescription costs to increase in England Getatt10 NHS prescription costs to increase in England Getatt10NHS prescription costs to increase in England Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
NHS prescription costs to increase in England Vote_lcapNHS prescription costs to increase in England Voting_barNHS prescription costs to increase in England Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
NHS prescription costs to increase in England Vote_lcapNHS prescription costs to increase in England Voting_barNHS prescription costs to increase in England Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

NHS prescription costs to increase in England

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

NHS prescription costs to increase in England Empty
PostSubject: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

The cost of NHS prescriptions in England will rise 25p to £7.65 from 1 April, the government has announced.

Charges for basic dental treatment will rise 50p to £17.50, with rises of up to £5 for more complex work.

The changes in charges were outlined by Health Minister Simon Burns and will be put before Parliament soon.

Doctors' leaders say the current system is unfair and needs to be reformed in England.

This latest announcement means NHS prescription charges increase again in England, while in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland charges have already been scrapped.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17139908
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:41 pm

I think its very unfair that there are no charges here or in Wales or N Ireland and yet they're rising in England. Its all the one NHS ffs...........it should be the same across the board.

Anyroad, its my opinion that we in Scotland should enjoy the free prescriptions while we've got them because that could come to an end if we get this bloody independence.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm

How many items do you get on a prescription for that cost?...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
Pixi Lindor
Pixi Lindor

Female
Number of posts : 4109
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 pm

SandyC wrote:

Only one Sandy !!!

Back to top Go down
Pixi Lindor
Pixi Lindor

Female
Number of posts : 4109
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I pay yearly for one of those nhs cards... it works out loads cheaper!!!
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Pixi Lindor wrote:
SandyC wrote:

Only one Sandy !!!

Blimey, that'd work out expensive for people like me, I get about 14 items every 3 months and often have to get other things in between times.. that'd work out to over 120 quid out of my benefit.

Us beneficiaries get it a little easier here, I pay $36 to see the Doctor and get a prescription and only pay $3 per item on the prescription at the chemist. Once I've had 20 items in one year, I don't pay the chemist anything until the next year rolls round, then the $3 is only on the first 20 items again..

Seems it costs serious coin to be sick over there, I thought we had it hard...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHS prescription costs to increase in England   NHS prescription costs to increase in England Empty

Back to top Go down

NHS prescription costs to increase in England
Page 1 of 1