Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Virgin alerts infected customers Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Virgin alerts infected customers Getatt10 Virgin alerts infected customers Getatt10Virgin alerts infected customers Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Virgin alerts infected customers Vote_lcapVirgin alerts infected customers Voting_barVirgin alerts infected customers Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Virgin alerts infected customers Vote_lcapVirgin alerts infected customers Voting_barVirgin alerts infected customers Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Virgin alerts infected customers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Virgin alerts infected customers Empty
PostSubject: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:28 pm

About 1,500 customers of internet service provider Virgin Media have been warned that their PCs are infected with a malicious virus.

The targeted computers had fallen victim to the SpyEye trojan that steals log-ins for online bank accounts.

Virgin was alerted to the infections by the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA).

Letters were sent to those affected, giving them advice on how to clean up their machines.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13798122
Back to top Go down
Pixi Lindor
Pixi Lindor

Female
Number of posts : 4109
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Thats not good.
Back to top Go down
ladyluck
ladyluck

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 6598
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:22 am

Jeez I never thought id say this especially resently with my provider crashing several times ,But thanks be to god I use bt ,And never went with virgin I had a bloody tojan virus on laptop a while ago it was a bugger to rid .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 pm

We are with virgin Media.... Virgin alerts infected customers 721264
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:04 pm

same here sheka
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 pm

We have scans on all 3 computers twice a week.Should be ok...I hope
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 pm

this does it auto in the middle of the night but there has been somthing wrong with our cable for about a mth we cant use the tv channels at all and internet keeps crashing she made an appointment for them to come look . she had day of work but they never arrived
she works 6 days a wk and says shes not having another day off etc
thats her choice,its not a trojen though i just think the system needs all updating weve had it yrs
Back to top Go down
Mandymoo
Mandymoo

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 am

oh dear i am with them but minds been ok and i always scan all the time aswell :0)
Back to top Go down
http://yummymummys.myfreeforum.org/
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am

thankfully i'm with BT now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgin alerts infected customers   Virgin alerts infected customers Empty

Back to top Go down

Virgin alerts infected customers
Page 1 of 1