Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Getatt10 Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Getatt10Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Vote_lcapIs government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Voting_barIs government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Vote_lcapIs government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Voting_barIs government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Empty
PostSubject: Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?   Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Plans to grant pre-charge anonymity to men accused of rape have been dropped after protests from MPs on all sides. Is this the right decision?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10760239
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?   Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 pm

This is a very complex situation. On one hand, I think convicted rapists should definitely be named and shamed but on the other hand I can't help considering the number of men who have been wrongly accused of rape for various reasons. Whether through spite, or mistaken identity or whatever. This ruins their lives and if they were named in the media, it would only make things ten times worse for them. So I'm not sure that legislating across the board is the right way to go.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Angel

Female
Rooster
Number of posts : 7247
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?   Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 8:58 pm

mazzie wrote:
This is a very complex situation. On one hand, I think convicted rapists should definitely be named and shamed but on the other hand I can't help considering the number of men who have been wrongly accused of rape for various reasons. Whether through spite, or mistaken identity or whatever. This ruins their lives and if they were named in the media, it would only make things ten times worse for them. So I'm not sure that legislating across the board is the right way to go.

I fully agree with you mazzie, sometimes the women can be very vindictive and then the men have had it.

Saying that, for a woman to go through a court case like that is really bad and they always make the women feel guilty even if they aren't.

I think they should name and shame the one's who are proven 100% guilty and if that's not possible then I think it's unfair to shame them any further than their family's knowing about it.
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?   Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm

This is what pisses me off Angel. You got girls crying 'rape' for no reason other than spite and that's what makes it so much more difficult for genuine cases. They end up getting the third degree as if they're on trial and have somehow asked for it.

I despise rapists but I equally despise women who falsely accuse of rape.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Angel

Female
Rooster
Number of posts : 7247
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?   Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:08 pm

I know mazzie, then you get the women leading the men, even groping and then the men have to try and control their urges. These women play a dangerous game and they should be prepared to pay in my opinion.

They are playing with mens affections and everything and it's awful that they are allowed to get away with it.

It is the innocent that suffer in the long run
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?   Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is government right to drop rape anonymity pledge?
Page 1 of 1