Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Getatt10 Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Getatt10Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Vote_lcapShould prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Voting_barShould prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Vote_lcapShould prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Voting_barShould prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?

Go down 
+2
mazzie
wiseguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Empty
PostSubject: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:42 am

Prisoners should pay some of the money they earn in jail to victims and society for the harm they have caused, the Ministry of Justice has proposed. Do you agree?

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said "The government believes that offenders should make reparations to victims and society for the harm they have caused". As part of the proposals, deductions would be made from prisoners' wages and paid into a fund that would support the victims of crime.

Juliet Lyon, director of the Prison Reform Trust, has agreed with the proposals saying "A prison sentence that combines payback to victims with a proper wage for hard work makes good sense."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11444041
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

I think they should
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:51 pm

i dont think they should be allowed to earn anything in the first place and should be working for their basic needs :dunno:
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:56 pm

I don't believe that they should be earning anything. They're supposed to be in prison to be punished, where does earned income fit into that routine. Bloody prisons are like holiday camps. But if they're gonna insist on paying them for being criminals then Yes..........some of it should be salted off for victims of crime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Yes WG they shouldn't earn anything and have NO rights,depending on the crime they commited.Sex offenders should be castrated and made to eat the bits cut off!!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Angel

Female
Rooster
Number of posts : 7247
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 pm

It depends on the crime and situation of that crime. I suppose I don't agree with them earning anything but if they don't then it's left to their family to take things like cigarettes in and stamps and money for phone calls, it's not the family or friends fault of these criminals and if anyone hurt my son I'd probably end up in prison because I'd want to hurt that person and I wouldn't want to pay that person anything.

So I don't really know, I think the rapists, murderers and pedo's (people like that) should pay but not if they were defending themselves or protecting their home against a burglar or protecting their family from someone.
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:47 pm

why in the world would I want to take any money off the gits who left my husband for dead..I want them to suffer..painfully..could start with trying to cut off their hands like they tried with him..they should on the other hand pay towards the court case and the police who had to deal with the case..and that's just us with a serious assault case..so u could understand that victims wouldn't want any money from rapists
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:59 pm

what they tried to cut his hands off fukin ell
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 am

they tried to get his wedding ring and because they had stood on his hand it had swollen and they couldn't get it off..so he got a large cut across the back of his hand as if they tried to hack it off (it was in the middle of nowhere and very dark) he was out cold at the time though..to stress how bad he looked..when he was moved to a ward in the hospital..the old guys next to him asked him how bad the car crash was..they thought he'd been in a crash and couldn't believe that somebody had done that...this was 15 years ago and I can still see him like that as if it was yesterday..I would like five minutes with them and a very blunt knife..not their money
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:18 am

sorry to hear that love
when they stabbed me it was after money they had seen me in the post office followed me purchasing the knifes on the way and stabbed me 3 times in the pub toilet

they only got 5yrs and 3 yrs ffs
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:49 pm

sorry to hear that

we got that great scottish verdict of not proven..they all walked free..they all said they weren't there (there was 3 of them) and my hubby was drunk (it was new year)..his was for money too..they got a ring ..a watch..his wallet..the house keys..as I was the last person to see him with the items..when I went to court the judge asked me if I'd seen the items since and I went 'no cause those bastards stole them' to which point the judgel went 'a simple yes or no will do' I was heavily pregnant at the time so very moody
Back to top Go down
texasgal
texasgal

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 4105
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Hell yes. Bastards should be expected to pay, except in the case of rape, elder and child abuse, and murder.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm

that not proven law is a load of bollox cookie aint it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Tracy that was awful,wish you had been able to use a knife on them :squeeze:
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm

The ' not proven ' verdict in the Scottish Courts is a bloody joke, like so many other things in this country's judicial system. That must have been a really hard time for you Cookie.
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:27 pm

to damned true they should
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?   Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should prisoners pay victims from their earnings?
Page 1 of 1