Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Where Did You Play as a Kid? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Where Did You Play as a Kid? Getatt10 Where Did You Play as a Kid? Getatt10Where Did You Play as a Kid? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Where Did You Play as a Kid? Vote_lcapWhere Did You Play as a Kid? Voting_barWhere Did You Play as a Kid? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Where Did You Play as a Kid? Vote_lcapWhere Did You Play as a Kid? Voting_barWhere Did You Play as a Kid? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Where Did You Play as a Kid?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Where Did You Play as a Kid? Empty
PostSubject: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Apart from the local park with swings, and one of those things that about six or eight of you sat on one behind the other and kind of swung back and forth until it went up high enough to hit the bars. Where Did You Play as a Kid? 665317 Lol We spent a lot of time on the common making camps in the bracken which horrifies me to think of now because during the hot summer there must have been loads of adders about!!!! For someone that can’t stand snakes, I never gave it a thought when we were younger. :shock: Lol
We also had a place just outside of town where lots of people used to go for picnics with their parents. A nice walk along the riverside then you came to a place with a very steep sandy hill and as kids we would run from the top of it down and into the water to paddle, then run back up again, but having got soaking wet, we all went home with stained clothes from the bright orange sand. Lol
When my daughter was young we went there for a walk with our dog. My daughter and the dog raced up the sand. I ended up crawling up there puffing and blowing, nearly bloody killed me!!! Groan Lol

Back to top Go down
Angel
Angel

Female
Rooster
Number of posts : 7247
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Awe, we didn't play anywhere as nice as that Candy :D and I wouldn't mind the snakes.
I used to have a Royal Python called Monty Lol. He was gorgeous and used to feed out
of your hands (not live things though, I couldn't do that)
We used to live near Camms bus garage and used to sneak in there and play on the busses
and under them, I remember we lost a ball under a bus and because I was the youngest, I'd
get bossed around Lol so I had to crawl under this really low bus and couldn't see a thing,
I came back out no problem with the ball in hand and dog poo all down my front :evil: I had
no friends that day Where Did You Play as a Kid? 44866 everyone ran off and left me stood holding the ball and covered in
muck hammer

Last edited by Angel on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 pm

We just used to play around the road where we lived, usually chasing each other round with washing up bottles full of warm water in the summer Where Did You Play as a Kid? 44866. If we werent doing that we'd be either on the swings in our garden or at a friends house in their garden
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:23 pm

I was usually on the golf course or tennis court at the Country Club. Always on the move. Still am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:27 am

Candy wrote:
Apart from the local park with swings, and one of those things that about six or eight of you sat on one behind the other and kind of swung back and forth until it went up high enough to hit the bars. Where Did You Play as a Kid? 665317 Lol We spent a lot of time on the common making camps in the bracken which horrifies me to think of now because during the hot summer there must have been loads of adders about!!!! For someone that can’t stand snakes, I never gave it a thought when we were younger. :shock: Lol
We also had a place just outside of town where lots of people used to go for picnics with their parents. A nice walk along the riverside then you came to a place with a very steep sandy hill and as kids we would run from the top of it down and into the water to paddle, then run back up again, but having got soaking wet, we all went home with stained clothes from the bright orange sand. Lol
When my daughter was young we went there for a walk with our dog. My daughter and the dog raced up the sand. I ended up crawling up there puffing and blowing, nearly bloody killed me!!! Groan Lol

We used to play at the local swing park as well Candy, that long thing you speak of we used to call the Horse, i don't know if that was it's proper name or not but we spent many a summer evening on it. Other than that, we played around the streets where we lived doing the usual things, Hide and seek, ropes, rounders to mention a few. But those were the days. Where Did You Play as a Kid? 44866
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 pm

I lived in a small village and we played at the park or down by the river. We had one of those swings you're talking about candy............we called it the Horse as well............and then there was the Witch's Hat roundabout.............I bet Killie and Morgan remember them. wink I found a couple of pictures of them...........

Where Did You Play as a Kid? 2w3qflt

Where Did You Play as a Kid? 2nw222q

Back to top Go down
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:46 pm

oh yes mazzie the top picture does look like the thing I was talking about. I have seen the witches hat one before but dont think we had one at our park. I was never one for roundabouts anyway, just watching other people on them made me feel sick .Lol
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:52 pm

we used to go down to the beach and play in the pools in the rocks, the rest of the time i had to go fishing we my dad and grandad, my mam worked in the pub and i was an only child so i didn't have much freedom...........there was only 2 other kids in our street a brother and sister - sister was a bliddy snob Where Did You Play as a Kid? 856768
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Play as a Kid?   Where Did You Play as a Kid? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Did You Play as a Kid?
Page 1 of 1