Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Eurovision Song Contest Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Eurovision Song Contest Getatt10 Eurovision Song Contest Getatt10Eurovision Song Contest Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Eurovision Song Contest Vote_lcapEurovision Song Contest Voting_barEurovision Song Contest Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Eurovision Song Contest Vote_lcapEurovision Song Contest Voting_barEurovision Song Contest Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Eurovision Song Contest

Go down 
+4
livingdoll
morgan
Temuchin
Candy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Eurovision Song Contest Empty
PostSubject: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Just interested to know all your views on this subject.#

Myself, personally, i like to watch it, i'm always intrigued at the countries that insist on singing songs that are only ever popular to their own population, like Turkey for instance, you would always know the music is...........well Turkish, whereas Israel usually sing a song that is very European, so therefore has more chance of winning,(and has done a couple of times) I most certainly would'nt miss the voting for anything, when they all vote for the countries around themselves, no matter how dire they are. Anyway, it makes it compulsive viewing for me, Oh and some of the outfits.............well. Eurovision Song Contest 44866
Back to top Go down
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:28 pm

I haven't watched it properly for years and have just had to google to see what this years UK entry is because I didn't have a clue! After listening to it, I can now see why I dont bother watching anymore. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male
Number of posts : 1899
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:39 pm

i used to love Terry Wogan taking the rise outta them,dont mind it at all,is Terry W still doing it ?

its good for a laugh killie,like you say when the only points some countries get is what their neighbours give them and vica versa..

what were those headbangers called that came on stage a coupla years ago dressed in gruesome monster outfits...they were funny Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Lordi --- from Finland, they won 2 years ago Temuchin, I liked them as well. wink

No Temuchin, Terry Wogan retired that same year funnily enough. Graham Norten is the new compere, he was okay last year and i think he will improve as he goes along.
Back to top Go down
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:52 pm

killielassie wrote:
Lordi --- from Finland, they won 2 years ago Temuchin, I liked them as well. wink

oh yeah thanks killie......so called cos when people saw them the first reaction was Lordi me look at those nutterslol
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:32 pm

won't be bothering watching it, only watched it because of terry wogan taking the pee....................not the same anymore :dunno:
Back to top Go down
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:15 pm

My hubby loves to watch it but luckliy for me he's at work till 10 tonight Eurovision Song Contest 44866. I'm watching Britains got talent instead. It's just too political to me now to bother with it to be honest
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:44 pm

started listening to song no 2 and switched channels...............seems 1st song is bookie's favourite, drip drop Eurovision Song Contest 44866 that says it all
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:51 pm

not my cuppa tea
Back to top Go down
Coco
Banned
Banned
Coco

Female
Number of posts : 2716
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:53 pm

johno wrote:
not my cuppa tea

Not mine either Johno ..
Back to top Go down
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptySun May 30, 2010 7:20 am

well that went well didnt it ?........our song was crap....we produce the best pop music in the world but when it comes down to euro time.....we churn out butlins cabaret crap......we are a laughing stock and rightly so...good for a laugh though. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate Deity of TGL

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:09 am

I never bother to watch it as I see it as a joke to us. We make a huge song, dance and show out of choosing who is going to represent us and 9 times out of 10 we fail with passion! Andy Abrams is the exception! Gemini and the rest are them are awful! If we let a band like Queen or Razorlight go for the UK, we'd have a better chance, especially with a name like Queen, just get them to write a song and we've got quite alot of points on the board or if you're using a band like Razorlight or someone like that who's got albums getting made, go figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:25 am

I stopped watching it years ago. Never could understand why it had to be an unknown singer who represented us. That wasn't always the case............Sandie Shaw, Cliff Richard, Lulu...................I agree with tgl, a band like Queen would give us a much better chance and it might just be worth watching again.
Back to top Go down
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:54 am

i think that known bands wont do it just in case they lose......imagine having someone like coldplay represent us......and they lose to a load of nutters dressed in monster outfits singing about god knows what.......they probably couldnt deal with the shame.....anyways why do the euros when you can fill a stadium and get wheelbarrows full of cash.

i know katrina and the waves took a chance but they wasnt that big over here, only had walking on sunshine as far as i can remember,if they lost they could go back to America and nobody would be any the wiser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:53 pm

Taking on what TGL, mazzie and Temuchin said, i don't think it would make any difference who sang for the UK, i think if Queen wrote the song and Freddie was still alive, and sang the song, Britain would still lose. The countries all around are so busy voting for one another they don't even rate the song that country sang. And lets face facts guys, nobody loves Britain any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Sorry about the last post being cut short guys but johno has just come in and i'm off to make him his coffee. Eurovision Song Contest 44866 Eurovision Song Contest 44866
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Well if I'm honest, I think the rules of not having a song released 6 months before-hand is stupid, just imagine what Bohemian Rhapsody could do, sure it'll be impossible to do the opera section, but if they pulled it off I can assure people will vote for that. But gone are the days of Lulu, Cliff Richard and the rest of them entering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Gone are the days of Britain every winning again, no matter who sings. The song that won on Saturday night, according to the press today, has been out and in the charts abroad, for weeks now. The whole show needs revamped and no artist should be allowed to record their song until AFTER the show. In fact, i don't think the voting system is right either but that's not so easy to sort, so perhaps the best answer would be to scrap the show altogether. Sad really.
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Well from what I read on the song rules sometime last year, the song that is going to be used must not have a been on the charts for x-amount of time before the show, so something like Lordi's song or the last winning songs for the 2 years, they've been good and more than likely to of been released to gain interest.

I'd personally like to see NEW artists from each country enter, just to show who's got the best talent for that year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest   Eurovision Song Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Eurovision Song Contest
Page 1 of 1