Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Anonymous or Hidden! Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Anonymous or Hidden! Getatt10 Anonymous or Hidden! Getatt10Anonymous or Hidden! Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Anonymous or Hidden! Vote_lcapAnonymous or Hidden! Voting_barAnonymous or Hidden! Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Anonymous or Hidden! Vote_lcapAnonymous or Hidden! Voting_barAnonymous or Hidden! Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Anonymous or Hidden!

Go down 
+9
Free Bird
livingdoll
Temuchin
deante655
wiseguy
cookie
The Ultimate Deity of TGL
Angel
Candy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Anonymous or Hidden! Empty
PostSubject: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:01 am

I mean members that come on and obviously dont want it to be known they are here. Do you ever wonder why they feel the need to do that? or maybe you have done it yourself for some reason. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but not having done it myself it just makes me curious thats all. :dunno:
I belonged to a site a few years ago and on there we all referred to it as....wearing the "cloak" (of invisibility) and for fun we would try to guess who the members were, you could always tell if someone guessed right because one invisible person would suddenly go off as if they had been busted!!.... Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:38 am

I'm like you Candy, i don't know why folks do that, the forums i belong to, including this one, i'm signed into all the time, i prefer it that way because it saves a lot of time. I only ever do that on a forum i want to check out before i join, if i do join, when i sign in that first time i tick the box for automatic singing in. wink
Back to top Go down
Angel
Angel

Female
Rooster
Number of posts : 7247
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:50 am

I stay hidden because if someone posts me a message and I'm working or doing something else, I don't want them to think I'm being ignorant.

There are other reasons people do it, the first time I did it was on another site because there was someone who would follow me (I think you call it trolling) and if I was online they would see me easy. Someone told me how to hide so I did and I asked the same question as you've asked and there are other reasons too.

Like I've said, I don't want to seem ignorant and thats why I do it now. I was on view on Friday because I didn't have anything else to do but I'm all over the place today so I hid myself.

I'm sorry if I've upset anyone by doing it. I'll change it again tomorrow but if I don't answer anyone it's because I'm not looking at this site or my emails. Anonymous or Hidden! 345511
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:40 am

I've played the hidden person many times and the reason to why I did it, was because I didn't want people to know that I was online until I posted and it gave me the relief of not being seen or anyone who isn't a staff member knowing what I'm doing, like changing my password for example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 am

never done it and I always feel I'm being watched by the ones that do..nothing against the ones that do..it's just me and my paranoid feelings Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:37 am

ive done it on other sites when i want to check posts when theres someone on who i know will bombard me with pm.s if they see me on

but on here as im admin no one is hidden to me or the moderators
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 am

Beleive me, wiseguy, there is NO HIDING PLACE FOR YOU. Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 Anonymous or Hidden! 44866

Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 They seek him here, they seek him there, they seek the WISEGUY everywhere. Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 and dont i know it Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
deante655
deante655

Female
Snake
Number of posts : 3898
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 i tried it a few times but wg busted me Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:02 pm

hi Angel, sorry I didn't mean to make you feel awkward about it. The option is there for anyone to use and I completely understand your reasons for wanting to. Thumbs Up It certainly doesn't upset me, or I doubt anyone else for that matter. Lol Just that I'm a bit like cookie and sometimes get the feeling you are being watched by someone, but I guess that stems from having been on other sites where maybe we were. Lol

and Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 @ killie........they seek him here, there seek him there.
Back to top Go down
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male
Number of posts : 1899
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:46 pm

i used to be hidden on another site for the same reasons mentioned by other posters,if a certain poster knew i was on id get bombarded with abusive pms and abuse on thread. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

The only time I've done it is when I've been admin on a site and wanted to watch another member and see what they were posting, usually with good reason. As soon as they did something out of line then I suddenly became viisible again and they got booted Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:17 pm

naughty naughty Anonymous or Hidden! 269834 Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
livingdoll
livingdoll

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 1308
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Anonymous or Hidden! 44866, I know. It's always been with good reason, usually because they've been having a go at someone else or spamming the boards, you'd be suprised how many will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, not literally I hasten to add Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
http://kays.creatingforum.com/
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male
Number of posts : 1899
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 pm

livingdoll wrote:
Anonymous or Hidden! 44866, I know. It's always been with good reason, usually because they've been having a go at someone else or spamming the boards, you'd be suprised how many will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, not literally I hasten to add Anonymous or Hidden! 44866

can you tell on here if ur a mod if people are multi iding?,thats where alot of my troubles on another site came from.
Back to top Go down
Free Bird
Free Bird

Female
Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Ive never hidden and don't feel the need too.
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm

I wouldn't know how to...................... Anonymous or Hidden! 64696
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Anonymous or Hidden! 44866 its in your profiles
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:14 pm

na............don't want to anyway. Anonymous or Hidden! 44866
Back to top Go down
Breeze
Breeze

Female
Number of posts : 1603
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Angel wrote:
I stay hidden because if someone posts me a message and I'm working or doing something else, I don't want them to think I'm being ignorant.

There are other reasons people do it, the first time I did it was on another site because there was someone who would follow me (I think you call it trolling) and if I was online they would see me easy. Someone told me how to hide so I did and I asked the same question as you've asked and there are other reasons too.

Like I've said, I don't want to seem ignorant and thats why I do it now. I was on view on Friday because I didn't have anything else to do but I'm all over the place today so I hid myself.

I'm sorry if I've upset anyone by doing it. I'll change it again tomorrow but if I don't answer anyone it's because I'm not looking at this site or my emails. Anonymous or Hidden! 345511

Like you said Angel and quite agree with you sometimes you do not have the time to talk to people or answer pm and you may be feeling under the weather too and just wanted to come on to read and cheer yourself up without anyone but the mods knowing you are here.. I know being a super moderator on another site I quite often hide especially if I have not got the time or I am feeling unwell because I know that someone will start speaking to me in the shoutbox and I am too polite to ignore them.. So don't let this upset you or stop you from posting or hiding if you want to everyone here is free to do what they want and like wiseguy, TGL and Livingdoll said they have all done the samething too..

Hugs Anonymous or Hidden! 396856

Last edited by Breeze on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:08 pm

mazzie wrote:
I wouldn't know how to...................... Anonymous or Hidden! 64696

same here mazzie
Back to top Go down
Coco
Banned
Banned
Coco

Female
Number of posts : 2716
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:53 am

I sometimes stay hidden too, mainly for the same reasons others have said! I can't see it being a problem.
The facility is there if members want to use it .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous or Hidden!   Anonymous or Hidden! Empty

Back to top Go down

Anonymous or Hidden!
Page 1 of 1