Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Getatt10 Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Getatt10Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Vote_lcapVirus Alert..PLEASE READ Voting_barVirus Alert..PLEASE READ Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Vote_lcapVirus Alert..PLEASE READ Voting_barVirus Alert..PLEASE READ Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Virus Alert..PLEASE READ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 6:52 pm

OK guy's i have gone to a link last night to look up picture puzzles to have a look at the web sight. When i got there it showed me picture on how many faces i could see in a picture which was all fine. But when i went to click on the link to see the answer i got a pop up saying that windows media was trying to access the site. There is like a beeping noise on the site when you first get there. Do not go there. About 10 seconds later my computer froze up and my hard drive crashed. When i tried to start disc recovery it could not find windows or any directory. It had completely wiped my hard drive. There was nothing left. I had to completely reformat and re-load windows.
If you google picture puzzles it will be the second link in the list.
My antivirus program did not pic the virus up and if it did it was to late as i think the virus is encrypted to be to quick for virus programs to get it. Even all my fire walls did not stop it. The problem is, that because vista automatically tries to reformat without you doing anything the directory was wiped and it starts a formatted new directory as if the computer was new, This means that there is no history so you cannot go back and find out what the virus was or what it attacked as there is nothing to look back into.

We lost over 200 pictures of my 2 year old son that we cannot get back. Please don't do what i did by clicking on the link.....

DO NOT CLICK INTO IT

Just letting you guy's know so you dont lose what you have on your computers.....

Regards Brad..... ;) And pissed off......... :curse:

Last edited by Vipor on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 pm

sorry to hear about your loss mate and thanks for the warning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:04 pm

That's cool wise. What get me so upset about it is that it is a site you think you can go on cause it is a puzzle site, usually you get these type viruses on sites that asking for it. Just wondering how many people go to this site thinking that's it is ok but instead it is virused .....Well been involved with detecting viruses for years but this one caught me by surprise..
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:24 pm

ive had them by just goin on freebie sites so im very warey as to what i click on these days
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:40 pm

thanks for the warning vipor
Back to top Go down
sweep
sweep

Female
Tiger
Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks for warning vipor
Back to top Go down
deante655
deante655

Female
Snake
Number of posts : 3898
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm

i thank you too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virus Alert..PLEASE READ   Virus Alert..PLEASE READ Empty

Back to top Go down

Virus Alert..PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 1