Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Getatt10 Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Getatt10Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Vote_lcapScans reveal intricate brain wiring Voting_barScans reveal intricate brain wiring Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Vote_lcapScans reveal intricate brain wiring Voting_barScans reveal intricate brain wiring Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Scans reveal intricate brain wiring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Empty
PostSubject: Scans reveal intricate brain wiring   Scans reveal intricate brain wiring EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Scientists are set to release the first batch of data from a project designed to create the first map of the human brain.

The project could help shed light on why some people are naturally scientific, musical or artistic.

Some of the first images were shown at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Boston.

I found out how researchers are developing new brain imaging techniques for the project by having my own brain scanned.

Scientists at Massachusetts General Hospital are pushing brain imaging to its limit using a purpose built scanner. It is one of the most powerful scanners in the world.

The scanner's magnets need 22MW of electricity - enough to power a nuclear submarine.

The researchers invited me to have my brain scanned. I was asked if I wanted "the 10-minute job or the 45-minute 'full monty'" which would give one of the most detailed scans of the brain ever carried out. Only 50 such scans have ever been done.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21487016

(video)
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Scans reveal intricate brain wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scans reveal intricate brain wiring   Scans reveal intricate brain wiring EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 am

I think something of that Magnitude might wipe out a persons Brain Completely.
Back to top Go down

Scans reveal intricate brain wiring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Science,Technology and Medical :: Science,Technology and Medical-
Jump to: