Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Getatt10 Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Getatt10Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Vote_lcapLindsey Buckingham goes it alone Voting_barLindsey Buckingham goes it alone Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Vote_lcapLindsey Buckingham goes it alone Voting_barLindsey Buckingham goes it alone Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone Empty
PostSubject: Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone   Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 am

[b]Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone[/b

Lindsey BuckinghamIn 1977 Lindsey Buckingham was a guitar hero.

In the decades since he has focused more on becoming a guitar genius. Sure, he’s happy to rip out the insane solos when need be, either in a Fleetwood Mac show or on tour with his solo band. But he has done a masterful job of re-imagining his best songs – be it greatest hits or album cuts – with just his voice and acoustic guitar. He thrilled fans at his very first solo show in December 1992 with incredible, stripped-down versions of his solo “Go Insane” and the Mac hit “Big Love.” He did the same when Fleetwood Mac finally reunited in 1997 for “The Dance” taping and tour.
While he’s flirted with new arrangements for decades, earlier in 2012 he finally took the plunge and went out on a full solo acoustic tour. If you missed the shows you can still hear the results; on Tuesday, Nov. 13, he will release “Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show.” Unlike other overdubbed and studio-sweetened “live” albums, this is a full performance, straight to tape, one take per song, from Des Moines two months ago. It is, he promises, “raw and unmixed.”

It will be available only through iTunes. While it includes songs that have been done solo before such as “Big Love,” it also includes songs fans have never before heard with just guitar and voice, including the 1975 Mac epic “I’m So Afraid” and the title track of his last studio album, 2011’s “Seeds We Sow.” Don’t miss the gorgeous “Bleed to Love Her.”

In an interview with MSN last year, he explained his evolving guitar style.

“I’m self-taught. I don’t read. I’m sort of a refined primitive and I don’t consciously sit around and practice. It all comes from the imagination, what can I do with the way I play and the skills I have?,” he said. “I’m not really joined to the guitar in the hip. ... It lives in my head and in my heart. It has always been tied to the idea of songs when I first started to play. When I was 7 I got a chord book and luckily I had an older brother buying all the great 45s at the time. It was always tied in to learning songs. It was never about technique. That came along very incrementally.”

Also watch for a promised Fleetwood Mac tour (and possible studio album) for 2013. As he told MSN last year, “But I’d be shocked if something didn’t happen with Fleetwood Mac.”

Back to top Go down

Lindsey Buckingham goes it alone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Music,Tv and Entertainment-
Jump to: