Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Hitler postcard found in World War I project Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Hitler postcard found in World War I project Getatt10 Hitler postcard found in World War I project Getatt10Hitler postcard found in World War I project Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Hitler postcard found in World War I project Vote_lcapHitler postcard found in World War I project Voting_barHitler postcard found in World War I project Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Hitler postcard found in World War I project Vote_lcapHitler postcard found in World War I project Voting_barHitler postcard found in World War I project Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Hitler postcard found in World War I project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Hitler postcard found in World War I project Empty
PostSubject: Hitler postcard found in World War I project   Hitler postcard found in World War I project EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:25 pm

A previously unknown postcard sent by Adolf Hitler when he was a soldier in World War I has been uncovered in a European history project.

Hitler's postcard, sent in 1916 when he was recovering from a war wound, was found in Munich, Germany.

Oxford University is providing expert advice to the Europeana 1914-1918 project which runs history roadshows.

When the postcard was identified, the university's Dr Stuart Lee said he "felt a shudder run through me".

"I found it hard to believe that at a local event to record ordinary people's stories, I was seeing a previously unknown document in Hitler's own hand," said Dr Lee.

'Unsettling'
He says that from his previous work as a medievalist he was used to "holding incredibly rare documents", but he says there was "something unsettling about this"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17908150
interesting read

should this kind of stuff be preserved and put on display,is it not an insult to those who died and forgotton?
Back to top Go down
roy
roy

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Hitler postcard found in World War I project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitler postcard found in World War I project   Hitler postcard found in World War I project EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Its part of history and should be preserved.
Back to top Go down

Hitler postcard found in World War I project
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The serious section :: Debates And Serious Topics-
Jump to: