Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
The Pike River coal mine Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

The Pike River coal mine Getatt10 The Pike River coal mine Getatt10The Pike River coal mine Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
The Pike River coal mine Vote_lcapThe Pike River coal mine Voting_barThe Pike River coal mine Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
The Pike River coal mine Vote_lcapThe Pike River coal mine Voting_barThe Pike River coal mine Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

The Pike River coal mine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

The Pike River coal mine Empty
PostSubject: The Pike River coal mine   The Pike River coal mine EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 am

After some 16 odd months since the 29 miners died in the mine, things seem to be flaring up again. It hasn't helped that the current owners haven't got the men out yet I guess, the families are still wanting their bodies back, (which is fair enough) the owners are saying they can't afford to and that the mine still isn't safe.

No one wants to buy the mine of course as they would be left with getting the men out, in my opinion that's the job of the current owners, not any prospective owners.

It'd be good for the families to have their lost family back so they can have some kind of closure and give those 29 a proper funeral.

From what I've heard on the tele, it seems like the owners are saying there's nothing wrong with the mine safety even though there's been truckloads of evidence to the contrary. All evidence given under oath has said it's one of the unsafest mines seen in many a long year...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Pike River coal mine   The Pike River coal mine EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:55 am

Well, the news here has been quite interesting this last week. The hearing into the disaster has brought out a few safety issues that weren't in place and a few faults in the mine too.

Some of the mining experts are saying there was a few issues down the mine like missing safety equipment, faulty electrical systems and a lack of ventilation. An Australian mining expert has said the mine wouldn't have been opened for the workers over there because it was so unsafe...
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: The Pike River coal mine   The Pike River coal mine EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am

typical mine owners then cutting corners etc they should be done for corperate manslaughter like they would here
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Pike River coal mine   The Pike River coal mine EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

If what I heard is true, the company that owns the mine is bust and may go into receivership any time... I feel sorry for the families of those 29 men, their bodies are still in the mine because no one wants to go in and get them out, it'd be good for the families to give the guys a proper funeral I reckon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pike River coal mine   The Pike River coal mine Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pike River coal mine
Page 1 of 1