Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Bring Back Hanging Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Bring Back Hanging Getatt10 Bring Back Hanging Getatt10Bring Back Hanging Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Bring Back Hanging Vote_lcapBring Back Hanging Voting_barBring Back Hanging Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Bring Back Hanging Vote_lcapBring Back Hanging Voting_barBring Back Hanging Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Bring Back Hanging

Go down 
+4
Hunnyluvs
ladyluck
kelly
wiseguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:22 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jaycee-kidnap-phillip-garrido-gets-431-years-195416954.html

Phillip Garrido has been sentenced to a total of 431 years in jail for his role in the kidnap and sex assault of Jaycee Lee Dugard.

The 60-year-old's wife Nancy has been jailed for life, with a minimum of 36 years.

BRING BACK HANGING!!
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:38 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
kelly
kelly

Female
Number of posts : 5981
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 pm

yes i agree to
Back to top Go down
ladyluck
ladyluck

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 6598
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Totally agree ,.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

for what type of crimes should capital punishment be reintroduced?
Back to top Go down
Hunnyluvs
Hunnyluvs

Female
Pig
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Well, the thing about capital punishment is it's based on the idea that two wrongs make a right.

Moreover -as a consequence for murder for example- it amounts to murdering someone who murdered someone to show that murdering is wrong.

When a student posed it to me that way and asked how this is ok, I could not say it was, because I'd have never been able to rationally defend it to him. The only real actual reason i could offer as to why we'd do such a thing is because violence begets violence and we approve of that.

I agree the crime referenced here was particularly heinous but murder is still murder. If we have to lock someone away for our safety, ok. If we can help the individual somehow, ok. But I cant imagine killing being anything but a violent impulse we ALL can experience under certain circumstances, but we shouldn't follow it, or we aren't civilized after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ferbles.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 pm

i think its a good deterent
i would chop the lot off rapists and peado,s and for a 2nd offence death be it
why pay to keep them in jail
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 pm

agreed bring back the death penalty a deterant is badly needed
Back to top Go down
ladylinda

ladylinda

Female
Horse
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 am

IMO, capital punishment should only be for murder.

If you take a life IMO you should lose your own life.
Back to top Go down
http://biglinmarshall.proboards.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 am

ladylinda wrote:

so what do we do with rapists,child molesters?
Back to top Go down
Hunnyluvs
Hunnyluvs

Female
Pig

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:54 am

As much as I'm against it, i think if the NWO* started an armed revolution and shot my whole government as the high criminals they are, I'd applaud and eagerly embrace the change.

So that might be something to have capital punishment for: when someone commits crimes that harm people by the millions.

*{The NWO is organized nationwide protests in the US. They plan - in July- to hold a people's congress and form a declaration of what changes we want. And I'm saying, if we do this, and the government does not comply, immediately, and don't adulterate it, then shoot them, and their kids too. (ah, oh, well ,remember bush "junior"? yep, the kids too. get rid of the lot. gone.)}

Back to top Go down
Hunnyluvs
Hunnyluvs

Female
Pig

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

Rapists and child molesters can be locked safely away from us if they genuinely can't be helped (rehabilitated). I don't mind the expense. I just think causing anyone to suffer is inhumane. Even if they have caused suffering, still, it makes us guilty of the same crime as them if we commit cruelty back against someone who committed cruelty. It's actually hypocritical , I'm saying, to for example abuse someone for committing abuse, or beat and cage someone who beat and/or caged (kidnapped, as another example) someone, see?

Also I'd note that "an eye for an eye" is why there's no peace in the Middle East. I mean there those people are fighting back and forth endlessly over dry bits of Jesus Land to claim as their own, and meanwhile they don't give a sh*t about "love thy neighbor" or "turn the other cheek" (<--and that's our point here. to inflict punishment is NOT 'turning the cheek", it is in fact continuing the fight, by guaranteeing that they will want to retaliate, and so you will want to retaliate again, and they will, and you will. Turn the other cheek means STOP IT. It means NO retaliating. Not once. Help instead. Love each other. -even the right bastards, yes.

So I'm saying when we "punish" a criminal, we are retaliating, and if retaliating is wrong to do, then it's wrong for us to do in all cases. Just as abuse, or battery, or murder, etc. If these things are wrong to do we must not do them ourselves, or we are not fit to judge another after all..

So this is why I'm I'm opposed to "punishment" of any kind. I think we need to help people, even if what they did was horrible, help them, don't create more suffering in the universe. It hurts the whole human psyche.
Back to top Go down
ladylinda

ladylinda

Female
Horse
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 pm

wiseguy wrote:
ladylinda wrote:

I believe in proportionate punishment why is why I support a life for a life.

With nonces and rapists I'd cut off their equipment (without anaesthetic) and lock them up for life.

If you haven't killed anyone you don't deserve to forfeit your own life.

If you have then you do.

It's called taking a consistent moral position.
Back to top Go down
http://biglinmarshall.proboards.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:28 am

i would
1st offence castration
2nd offence de tooled Bring Back Hanging 44866
3rd offence put to sleep permantly
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 pm

[quote="wiseguy"]i would
1st offence castration.........................he wouldnt have the inclination after that...
2nd offence de tooled Bring Back Hanging 44866....he would nt be able to go to your next stage after that
3rd offence put to sleep permantly......why not do that in the first instance..... Bring Back Hanging 5087
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Hunnyluvs wrote:

So I'm saying when we "punish" a criminal, we are retaliating, and if retaliating is wrong to do, then it's wrong for us to do in all cases. Just as abuse, or battery, or murder, etc. If these things are wrong to do we must not do them ourselves, or we are not fit to judge another after all..

So this is why I'm I'm opposed to "punishment" of any kind. I think we need to help people, even if what they did was horrible, help them, don't create more suffering in the universe. It hurts the whole human psyche.

So what you appear to be saying here is that criminals should walk free and be given help and support to stop them from re-offending. That's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

People who commit violent crime, or indeed crime of any kind, deserve to be punished in some way. Whether or not one agrees with the death penalty is irrelevant but they definitely deserve to be punished. Its unrealistic to think that we can ever live in a world where rapists, murderers, robbers........or indeed any other kind of offender can be allowed to walk free among us to commit more and more crimes. I'm having difficulty understanding how you think that's going to help anyone. Its not going to help the general public or the offender. He needs to be punished in some way in order for him to understand that his actions are not going to be tolerated and the members of the public have to be protected from people who are out to do them harm.
Back to top Go down
CumberCookieCrumble.
CumberCookieCrumble.

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm

wiseguy wrote:
ladylinda wrote:

Stick them all on an island and let them abuse each other.

As for hanging I see this as the easy way out for them.

Bring back the torture chamber and make them suffer.
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandallthat.proboards.com
Sponsored content

Bring Back Hanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Hanging   Bring Back Hanging Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring Back Hanging
Page 1 of 1