Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Is the BBC good value for money?  Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Is the BBC good value for money?  Getatt10 Is the BBC good value for money?  Getatt10Is the BBC good value for money?  Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Is the BBC good value for money?  Vote_lcapIs the BBC good value for money?  Voting_barIs the BBC good value for money?  Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Is the BBC good value for money?  Vote_lcapIs the BBC good value for money?  Voting_barIs the BBC good value for money?  Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Is the BBC good value for money?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Is the BBC good value for money?  Empty
PostSubject: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:36 am

The BBC's television licence fee could be cut under the government's public spending austerity drive. Do you think the BBC provides good value for money?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/haveyoursay/2010/07/is_the_bbc_good_value_for_mone.html
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm

I think they do give value for money, their channels are pretty good .............................but I object to paying a licence fee when I get my channels through sky digital and I'm paying them plenty. So technically, I'm paying twice. Its beyond me why they can't go commercial, which would bring them into line with all the other channels and it wouldn't cost us anything.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 pm

i think the majority of people are in the same boat mazzie this is all through cable(virgin)
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 pm

mazzie wrote:
I think they do give value for money, their channels are pretty good .............................but I object to paying a licence fee when I get my channels through sky digital and I'm paying them plenty. So technically, I'm paying twice. Its beyond me why they can't go commercial, which would bring them into line with all the other channels and it wouldn't cost us anything.

i was just saying the same thing to hubby last night, i watch telly in my bed every film this week has been a load of rubbish i switched the telly off...........if ITV can can survive with commercials i'm sure the BBC can to
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm

exactly morgan love

Personally I think that it is extremely "BAD" value they had a £500 mill cashpot unused last year and this year it looks as if that will double so they could afford to give every Licence payer a free Licence this year or Drop the licence fee by £20 for the next 5 years
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:58 pm

well said ian 2 thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Temuchin
Temuchin

Male
Number of posts : 1899
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:20 am

i think the bbc is overrun with wishy washy w****** their news coverage is heavily left wing biased......they have some good programmes and every now and then its a joy to watch something you want without a commercial every 10 mins........given the choice though i wouldnt pay the licence fee........i think they should half the fee..........also there should be a choice of whether you want to watch their channels or not.....if you never watch their channels why should you be giving them money.......they have a monopoly in this country that they all too often abuse imo...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the BBC good value for money?    Is the BBC good value for money?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the BBC good value for money?
Page 1 of 1