Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
British Life, Culture and Customs Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

British Life, Culture and Customs Getatt10 British Life, Culture and Customs Getatt10British Life, Culture and Customs Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
British Life, Culture and Customs Vote_lcapBritish Life, Culture and Customs Voting_barBritish Life, Culture and Customs Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
British Life, Culture and Customs Vote_lcapBritish Life, Culture and Customs Voting_barBritish Life, Culture and Customs Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

British Life, Culture and Customs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

British Life, Culture and Customs Empty
PostSubject: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:13 pm

have we lost or way of life
do we miss it or are we ok being like we are multicultural
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

That's a complex question wg. scratch

There's nothing wrong with being multi-cultural to an extent but I think too many concessions are made in this country to accommodate people from other cultures. I feel that they know the British Government will make allowances for their customs and beliefs and therefore they don't try to integrate themselves into the British way of life. In my opinion if you decide to live in a different country, then you should be prepared to live by their rules and a lot of the time, that's not happening here.

If the powers that be had their way, we would lose a lot of our British way of life...........

Happy Christmas should be 'happy holiday' is just one example.

It seems to me that in their efforts not to offend the ethnic population, they are successfully offending the British born and bred population and that can't be right.

So I suppose the answer to the original question is.............no, not yet, but if things continue along the same lines they have been for the last few years, we are in serious danger of losing it.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 pm

nice reply
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:34 am

I've not seen a difference in life here..we seem stuck in a time warp..the small villages of scotland seem to live their life the same as they've always done..we have the happy christmas signs..celebrate easter without any trouble..have scottish flags flying..there's one in my back garden..we still have the same traditions ever year..think we are on 100 years for our 'riding of the marches' this year..so if everything is about to change like most things it'll take another 20 years before it reaches us
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 pm

That's the benefit of living in a little village in the country cookie. Most of this shit happens in England or in the cities and kinda passes us by, thankfully. :D

Its good being a country gal. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Candy
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 pm

mazzie wrote:
That's a complex question wg. scratch

There's nothing wrong with being multi-cultural to an extent but I think too many concessions are made in this country to accommodate people from other cultures. I feel that they know the British Government will make allowances for their customs and beliefs and therefore they don't try to integrate themselves into the British way of life. In my opinion if you decide to live in a different country, then you should be prepared to live by their rules and a lot of the time, that's not happening here.

If the powers that be had their way, we would lose a lot of our British way of life...........

Happy Christmas should be 'happy holiday' is just one example.

It seems to me that in their efforts not to offend the ethnic population, they are successfully offending the British born and bred population and that can't be right.

So I suppose the answer to the original question is.............no, not yet, but if things continue along the same lines they have been for the last few years, we are in serious danger of losing it.

Great post mazzie! Thumbs Up All the things I was thinking but can't seem to put it into words as easily as you do Lol . :)
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 am

mazzie wrote:
That's the benefit of living in a little village in the country cookie. Most of this shit happens in England or in the cities and kinda passes us by, thankfully. :D

Its good being a country gal. thumbs up

yep..things always seem to pass u by in the countryside..we don't even have channel 5 unless u have satellite British Life, Culture and Customs 44866 ..good to be in the countryside though..my kids get a better life
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:39 am

Much healthier lifestyle.................I've lived in this village all my life and that's quite a few years. :D and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Life, Culture and Customs   British Life, Culture and Customs Empty

Back to top Go down

British Life, Culture and Customs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The serious section :: Debates And Serious Topics-
Jump to: