Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
32 years...............that's more like it. Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

32 years...............that's more like it. Getatt10 32 years...............that's more like it. Getatt1032 years...............that's more like it. Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
32 years...............that's more like it. Vote_lcap32 years...............that's more like it. Voting_bar32 years...............that's more like it. Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
32 years...............that's more like it. Vote_lcap32 years...............that's more like it. Voting_bar32 years...............that's more like it. Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

32 years...............that's more like it.

Go down 
+2
cookie
mazzie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

32 years...............that's more like it. Empty
PostSubject: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 pm

This is the first time in years I've seen a decent sentence handed out for a horrendous crime....... Read on

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/02/05/double-killer-thomas-smith-jailed-for-32-years-for-ayrshire-murders-86908-22021349/
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:55 pm

but don't u just wish it was more..32 years is nothing to him..he's a young man..hung..drawn and quartered sounds like a good idea to me
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Yes I do wish it was more Cookie, I believe 'life' should mean exactly that but we all know that ain't gonna happen here so at least this is better than they usually dish out in the courts.
Back to top Go down
cookie

Female
Number of posts : 5946
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:24 pm

yes..what is it they usually get? around 5 years..well about 10 and out in 5
Back to top Go down
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:00 am

I have a friend who's a sheriff in Glasgow. He says the cops want to bang them up for longer and he does bang them up for longer. The 'obvious culprits' are the prison governers who let them out early because our prisons are overcrowded.

It seems to me that the real culprits are the politicians and the admin classes who demand solutions but don't provide the resources to make them possible.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 pm

If you are sentenced to ten years fifteen years or whatever term then that's what it should be .

Parole should be applied for after the time has lapsed not half way through because they have been good. Its wrong plain wrong.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:19 pm

i agree alice

theres a lad where my flat is he got done for drink driving no licience and insurance with stolen scrap in the van
he was sentenced to 6mths
so he would do 3
they let him out 18 days early and paid him £20 a day for the 18days to compensate him
so technecally he did 9wks ffs 32 years...............that's more like it. 667526
Back to top Go down
polaris

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:36 pm

British law sucks tbh.....good to see a decent sentence as said, but still not enough!!

an eye for an eye???? gets my vote
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 pm

wiseguy wrote:
i agree alice

theres a lad where my flat is he got done for drink driving no licience and insurance with stolen scrap in the van
he was sentenced to 6mths
so he would do 3
they let him out 18 days early and paid him £20 a day for the 18days to compensate him
so technecally he did 9wks ffs 32 years...............that's more like it. 667526
oh and he,s out now and still doing the same thing 32 years...............that's more like it. 667526
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 am

He learned a lot then..............................so typical of our justice system. Groan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm

polaris wrote:
British law sucks tbh.....good to see a decent sentence as said, but still not enough!!

an eye for an eye???? gets my vote

Completely agree with you polaris, i'm all for bringing back hanging and for the youth of today, like the lad wiseguy was talking about, never mind the prison sentence, just birch the idiots. I don't think they will re-offend after that. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 32 years...............that's more like it.   32 years...............that's more like it. Empty

Back to top Go down

32 years...............that's more like it.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Scotch corner :: Scottish News-
Jump to: