Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
7 yr old Autistic boy missing Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

7 yr old Autistic boy missing Getatt10 7 yr old Autistic boy missing Getatt107 yr old Autistic boy missing Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
7 yr old Autistic boy missing Vote_lcap7 yr old Autistic boy missing Voting_bar7 yr old Autistic boy missing Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
7 yr old Autistic boy missing Vote_lcap7 yr old Autistic boy missing Voting_bar7 yr old Autistic boy missing Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

7 yr old Autistic boy missing

Go down 
+4
wiseguy
The Ultimate Deity of TGL
morgan
saffyre
8 posters
AuthorMessage
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse
Number of posts : 2147
Registration date : 2008-05-15

7 yr old Autistic boy missing Empty
PostSubject: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Quote :
SOUTH BAR — Cape Breton Regional Police are looking for a missing seven-year-old autistic boy in the community of South Bar.
The boy left his home at 41 Kennel Lane in South Bar at approximately 2:13 p.m. Saturday and hasn’t been seen since. James Delorey is described as four foot five, 60 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, wearing dark jeans, a red shirt and a dark blue plaid shirt, a grey-coloured vest, shiny belt and black sneakers with glow in the dark stickers on them. James also has the family dog with him.
As of 6:15 p.m., police have requested a boat to search along the shore across from Kennel Lane, located along the New Waterford highway. Search and rescue, K9 units, the South Bar Fire Department, volunteers and family members are currently searching for the area near the boy’s home.

I'd be out helping search myself, except the roads are treacherous from our first winter storm. I've been on the Facebook group all morning hoping for some good news. Please everyone pray for a Christmas miracle!!!
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 55065
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm

is there no sign of him yet saffyre, his parents must be going out of there mind with worry. my pals son is autistic he's 14yrs old and i know that liz dosn't let him out of her sight. i hope there's good news soon 7 yr old Autistic boy missing 57143
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm Autistic, so I'd know how is parents will be feeling, especially if the kid doesn't understand the outside world completely.

I just hope he is found quickly
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks morgan and TGL. As of now there is still no sign of either the boy or the dog, and it's getting dark. They have asked people who are looking to volunteer to wait until the morning and let the professional search and rescuers keep looking. They have brought in a helicopter with infrared and night vision to help in the search, and the Coast guard is still searching the shoreline, as the community sits on top of cliffs by the Atlantic Ocean.

Apparently James doesn't speak, except for a few words, so they were encouraging searchers to call "James, your mommy is taking you for pizza." as he is known to respond "PIZZA!" as it's his favorite. They are also hopeful, that since the dog hasn't been found, they are together and keeping each other warm.
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 pm

i hope it turns out well, my pals son dosn't talk much either and i know jack would be very confused in that situation. whats the weather like where the little boys gone missing? i hope it isn't to bad .......the dog being still missing looks like there still together, let us know if there's any news
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

hoping all turns out well
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm

morgan wrote:
i hope it turns out well, my pals son dosn't talk much either and i know jack would be very confused in that situation. whats the weather like where the little boys gone missing? i hope it isn't to bad .......the dog being still missing looks like there still together, let us know if there's any news

It's the same weather as here, so far 15 cm of wet, slushy snow :( If he hasn't been found by the morning, I plan to go help search as soon as Aidan is off to school.
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:28 pm

not great weather for a little boy to be out in, hopefully he's found somewhere dry to cuddle up we his dog. good luck tomorrow saffyre, you've got a heart of gold to go and help in the search 7 yr old Autistic boy missing 749200
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 pm

If it was Aidan I would hope everyone would turn up to help search too. I can't just sit home.
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:39 pm

good luck, i hope everything turns out ok for the little lad and his family
Back to top Go down
deante655
deante655

Female
Snake
Number of posts : 3898
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm

my prayers go out to the family i hope they find him soon...
Back to top Go down
Ice-Maiden
Ice-Maiden

Female
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Ohhh the poor lil man, Hope it all turns out ok for his family 7 yr old Autistic boy missing 681449, keep us informed in how the search goes! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.globalchatandgaming.com
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 pm

Well the roads were still too nasty for me to drive there today. The sun is out now though.

His aunt just posted on Facebook that the dog came home about 45 mins ago :( They are going to feed and warm up the dog and then try to get him to lead them to James. It could either be a very bad sign (because he was trained to stay with him) or a positive sign, that James made it into a building or vehicle without the dog.

My heart is just breaking for this poor family!
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

sorry to hear there is no sign of the lad saffyre, pray that the dog will lead them to james and it's a happy ending for the family. i just hope the lad has found a nice dry place especially with the weather being so bad 7 yr old Autistic boy missing 57143
Back to top Go down
Humminbird
Humminbird

Female
Pig
Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:38 pm

I hope the little boy is found soon.
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:07 pm

* UPDATE *

He has been found, barely alive, but he is still alive! This is from a family friend who had been asked to handle the funeral arrangements if need be.

He may be out of the woods, but he is not "out of the woods" yet. Likely severe hypothermia and dehydration. Please keep praying for him!
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

we will
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:33 pm

i'm so glad he's been found, my prayers are with him and the family
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:42 am

I'm glad he's been hope, lets just hope he recovers and figure out why he done it
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:49 am

From what they can tell, he followed his dog into the woods. But as he is non-verbal, they likely will never know for sure if he followed the dog, or the dog followed him.

What they do know is that the only way he could have survived the harsh conditions is by huddling with the dog. They found him by re-tracing the dog's prints in the snow when the dog re-appeared this morning. Chance (the dog) must have stayed as long as he had to for the storm to pass, and then went for help. If the dog had come home during the storm there would have been no tracks to follow.

He is in critical condition at the children's hospital in Halifax now. Just have to wait and see if there is any permanent damage from the hypothermia.
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Oh my Lord......................I've just read all this. I'm so glad this little boy has been found and I hope he makes a full recovery just as soon as possible. I can't even begin to imagine what his family went through all this time. A child going missing is every parent's worst nightmare.

I'll pray for him 7 yr old Autistic boy missing 681449.
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Unfortunately James died overnight in hospital :(

I heard just after I had left the house for the day, so I was unable to let you all know sooner. The one blessing is that his family was at his side when his little heart finally stopped beating.
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 pm

oh saffyre im so sorry to hear your news, my heart goes out to his family, RIP little James 😢
Back to top Go down
saffyre
Admin
Admin
saffyre

Female
Horse

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Had to share this. It's the political cartoonist for our provincial newspaper' s tribute to James Delorey

7 yr old Autistic boy missing Angel10
Back to top Go down
morgan
morgan

Female
Dog

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:03 pm

very sad 😢
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7 yr old Autistic boy missing   7 yr old Autistic boy missing Empty

Back to top Go down

7 yr old Autistic boy missing
Page 1 of 1