Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Getatt10 Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Getatt10Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Vote_lcapExtra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Voting_barExtra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Vote_lcapExtra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Voting_barExtra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nadaman

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Empty
PostSubject: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:24 pm

I can’t believe all of this strike stuff is still happening at the Royal Mail. It looks like no one is backing down here and chaos is sure to follow.

What I have read though is that Royal Mail are taking on 30,000 extra temps to cover seasonal rush and backlog of work! What this makes me wonder is, are the jobs at Royal Mail at risk if they carry on like this?

TNT, the UK’s largest privately owned mail firm is apparently looking to be allowed to put its postal workers on the streets if the strikes do happen! Is this not a warning for Ryoal Mail – someone is there and more than ready to takes it place?

What do you think of all this?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

Female
Goat
Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:19 pm

I am not sure what the background to this all is but one thing that is for sure this could be a very bad move for the workers.

There are many firms just waiting to get a chance to take more work from Royal mail and thats the beginning of the end.

No need to fight for pay and conditions from the dole queue.

😢
Back to top Go down
lily
lily

Female
Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:23 am

I just hope they can resolve it sooner rather than later as already it has hit my job at a time when it usually quietens down anyway.
Crazy thing is a lot of the posties won't be on strike - I know our ones aren't
Back to top Go down
Nadaman

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Maybe its the clever ones that are not participating in this whole strike thing?

I mean the implications for the royal mail are not good if they continue are they?

TNT are just waiting to get in there alomng with a few other firms! This strike action can only lead to trouble in my eyes! To many jobs at risk if you ask me! Read this - http://www.mourne-mountains-musings.blogspot.com/ and then read all the replies to it! Quite an insight if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 am

This strike is a non starter................they're shooting themselves in the foot. Too many delivery companies standing by to take all the large contracts which, lets not kid ourselves, will be on offer before Christmas. Companies can't afford to have unreliable delivery services in the lead up to Christmas. And IMO once the contracts have gone from Royal Mail they won't get them back. What then???? As I said......bad move
Back to top Go down
Nadaman

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 am

Definately agree with you there!

Where I work they are also looking into alternatives for post - not that they have made a decision yet, they are just enquiring about prices and delivery guarantees etc etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?   Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra Jobs at the Royal Mail to cut the impact of strikes?
Page 1 of 1