Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
the best local paper in scotland Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

the best local paper in scotland Getatt10 the best local paper in scotland Getatt10the best local paper in scotland Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
the best local paper in scotland Vote_lcapthe best local paper in scotland Voting_barthe best local paper in scotland Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
the best local paper in scotland Vote_lcapthe best local paper in scotland Voting_barthe best local paper in scotland Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

the best local paper in scotland

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sweep
sweep

Female
Tiger
Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2009-01-02

the best local paper in scotland Empty
PostSubject: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:27 pm

i was wondering if any members based in scotland know of a good local paper that i could place a advert in
The reason i am asking is that since my dad died years ago we have lost touch with his side of the family and would love to get back in touch with them
Back to top Go down
Green Eyes
group moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Depends whereabouts sweep. Loads of north people - Aberdeen to Inverness and northwards read the Press and Journal. If you want really local we would need an area mibbe. Mind you mibbe I should keep my beak out as I never read papers.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:15 pm

shes from maybole ayrshire
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:37 pm

If its Ayrshire.........you want the Ayrshire Post or Ayr Advertiser. Or if its the Cumnock area, you want the Cumnock Chronicle. :D

http://www.ayrshirepost.net/

http://www.mediauk.com/newspapers/41414/ayr-advertiser

http://www.cumnockchronicle.com/
Back to top Go down
sweep
sweep

Female
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks green eyes and mazzie i wll try the ayrshire papers as the family i am looking for did live in kilmarnock the last time i visted them thanks again
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Kilmarnock Standard is another one sweep. :D

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 pm

http://www.topix.com/forum/uk/kilmarnock

leave a message here sweep
Back to top Go down
sweep
sweep

Female
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks mazzie for all your help

thanks wg i will take a look and leave a message heres hoping
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:13 pm

ive left messages on loads of scottish forums with my email but you never know eh
Back to top Go down
sweep
sweep

Female
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:26 pm

yep you never know it would be great to get back in touch if they are still alive its over 30 years since i visted them with my parents
my friend did suggest the phonebook for the kilmarnock area but theres alot of connells in that area so thats why i thought of a advert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the best local paper in scotland   the best local paper in scotland Empty

Back to top Go down

the best local paper in scotland
Page 1 of 1