Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
real names Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

real names Getatt10 real names Getatt10real names Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
real names Vote_lcapreal names Voting_barreal names Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

real names

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

real names Empty
PostSubject: real names   real names EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 am

You've got to ask yourself what kind of parents name their child Doug Hole. They either have a very wicked sense of humour or they didn't really think it through properly. Either way, they're not alone; a study has revealed the most unfortunate names in the UK and joining Doug Hole on the list are Justin Case, Hazel Nutt and Stan Still.

The list of names was uncovered by researchers from parenting group TheBabyWebsite.com after trawling through telephone records.
Retired RAF airman Stan Still, 76, from Gloucestershire, has said his name has been a "blooming millstone around my neck my entire life. "When I was in the RAF my commanding officer used to shout ‘Stan Still, get a move on' and roll about laughing," he said. "It got hugely boring after a while."
Mr Hole of Penrith, Cumbria, did not want to comment on his name. "I don't want to be involved just because I have an unusual name," he said.
However Rose Bush from Coventry said: "I love my name. I always get comments about it but they are always very positive."
A spokesperson for TheBabyWebsite said: "Parents need to think carefully when choosing names for their children.
"Their name will be with them for life and what may be quirky and fun for a toddler might be regretted terribly when that person becomes older or even a grandparent perhaps."

Here's the full list of unfortunate names from the UK: Stan Still, Helen Back, Doug Hole, Terry Bull, Tim Burr, Rose Bush, Pearl Button, Will Power, Barry Cade, Mary Christmas, Chris Cross, Teresa Green, Ray Gunn, Jo King, Sonny Day, Justin Case, Lee King and Max Power.
A similar search in the US found these: Bill Board, Anna Prentice, Annette Curtain and my personal favourite Carrie Oakey.
Back to top Go down

real names
Page 1 of 1