Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Getatt10 Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Getatt10Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Vote_lcapInactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Voting_barInactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Vote_lcapInactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Voting_barInactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'

Go down 
+2
Diane
wiseguy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Empty
PostSubject: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

A lack of exercise is now causing as many deaths as smoking across the world, a study suggests.

The report, published in the Lancet to coincide with the build-up to the Olympics, estimates that about a third of adults are not doing enough physical activity, causing 5.3m deaths a year.

That equates to about one in 10 deaths from diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and breast and colon cancer.

Researchers said the problem was now so bad it should be treated as a pandemic.

And they said tackling it required a new way of thinking, suggesting the public needed to be warned about the dangers of inactivity rather than just reminded of the benefits of being active.

full story
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes that's so true! too many of us do little or no excersise at all...as opposed to years ago before all the labour saving gadgets. house work for example, I don't find it 'work' anymore...shove the washing into an automatic machine then into the dryer where it comes out without the creases so no need to iron!...everything is made so easy that we need to get out and excersise to keep fit and healthy.
People who have cars don't even walk! they get into the car drive to the office, sit down all day long, drive home and sit on computer or in front of the telly after stuffing our faces with rubbish!!
There are many of us who have manual jobs like my husband so he gets excersise at work plus he cycles on average 40-50 miles a week.
I know how important excersise is for our well being but it's hard to get ourselves practicing what we preach Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 but I'm back to my hour a day zumba after reading that! Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male
Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes this is so true, America in total needs to get off it's fat asses and walk,jog,run do anything that equates to body movement.

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  38333804
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:01 pm

i wlk to the shop Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
they charge 2 quid if they deliver it cheeky gits its only 25yards away Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 pm

cant be doing with £12 a bottle Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 pm

12 quid for a bottle of water? no way!!!! Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:26 pm

shockin innit Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 they charge 3 squid for the coke aswell Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Are you a smoker WG?
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 pm

yes????????????????
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Just wondering Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 because of the profile photo of you smoking as a kid Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 wondered if you'd managed to break the habit Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  605852
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:01 pm

i didnt smoke till i came out of the army
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 pm

I was once a smoker but I stopped, I'm so glad as well because it would do my head in with people moaning and puffing and blowing when they go anywhere near a smoker OUTSIDE as well...............
My husband has only just stopped but when we were on holiday and drinking outside a pub he lit up and a group of men and their partners were looking and wafting their hands in front of their faces Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 I mean for Gods sake! they weren't even standing near us...It wasn't as if you had to stand outside to smoke either it was in Las Vegas and you can smoke anywhere there..
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 am

I too was once a smoker smoked for over 20 years quit when i was 40,used the hypnotherapy metad as a crutch to quit best thing i ever did with the price over here of almost $8.00 a pack.
The only bad thing every once in a while a still get an awful urge for a smoke,but i never light one up,pat on my old back Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  641768
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:41 am

You still feel like a smoke after all those years!! good for you to not give in...I stopped for 10 years and during a girly weekend I had one thinking it wouldn't bother me and I smoked for a further 5 years on and off! how ridiculous is that! I stopped again and never even think about them anymore.
I think the restrictions on smoking helps many people to cut down and stop altogether now.
My sister has never even tried to stop in all the years she's smoked..about 40.. she has a cough and was told her chest is clear.. but because of the cough she's now trying to stop and has bought an electric cigarette Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 when she first got it we were in town, we went for a coffee where she tried it for the first time, as she was comparing it to a proper cig she lit up and at one point was sat there with one in each hand Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
I don't think she's doing very well with it because she still has real ones..
Back to top Go down
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:52 pm

A lot of people are inactive because they smoke.
If they smoke every day, then they tend to stuff themselves with Marsbars and donouts and get fat.
From my own personal expiriences, if I smoke, then I don't move for hours.
So, smoking is more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

i dont stuff myself with mars bars Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
crusher21
Admin
Admin
crusher21

Male
Tiger
Number of posts : 2361
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:39 pm

wg moves when he smoke just to put the flames out when i set him alight xx
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:34 am

Diane i hope she really gives it up,tell her we are all rooting for her even some of the guys from across the Pond,Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  2609582576
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Thank you Gutcheck....she's doing really well but like a bear with a sore head and no one is safe from a good tongue lashing lately, even her poor 8 year old grandson..awwww Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
I will deff tell her you are rooting for her Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  396856
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm ok ranting on about excersise and healthy eating....I just found 2 bags of sweets belonging to the grandkids in my cupboard and I've just had to throw them in the bin to stop me eating them all...........I'd gonethrough one bag and there was half a dozen left in the other bag!!! grrreeeedy PIG! .... Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  818151
Back to top Go down
gutcheck
Admin
Admin
gutcheck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 am

Good for u Diane at least you threw most of them out !!!!

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  208958
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:19 am

wiseguy wrote:
i dont stuff myself with mars bars Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866

Neither do I, don't get to stuff myself with anything else either, bloody smokes see to that, Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 am

gutcheck wrote:
Good for u Diane at least you threw most of them out !!!!

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  208958
Most of them!! Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866 6.......out of two bags Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  44866
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'    Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'  Empty

Back to top Go down

Inactivity 'as deadly as smoking'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next