Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Getatt10 Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Getatt10Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Vote_lcapDrug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Voting_barDrug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Vote_lcapDrug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Voting_barDrug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech

Go down 
+5
roy
Mozzie
APS
crusher21
wiseguy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Empty
PostSubject: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Drug-driving in England, Scotland and Wales could become a specific offence with a jail term and fine, under a new law expected in the Queen's Speech.

Police have to show driving has been impaired by drugs to prosecute.

But under the plans, drivers could face up to six months in jail for driving with certain controlled drugs in your body in excess of specified limits.

Road Safety Minister Mike Penning said legislation would give police powers to "remove this blight".

In the future, police will be equipped with handheld detection devices to test saliva at the roadside.

Offenders could face a fine of up to £5,000, a driving ban of at least 12 months as well as a prison term.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17975502
Back to top Go down
crusher21
Admin
Admin
crusher21

Male
Tiger
Number of posts : 2361
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:31 pm

about time
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:35 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
APS
APS

Buffalo
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I don't see any difference between Drink or Drug driving both are killers and both should be dealt with severely.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:54 pm

correct,APS but they didnt have a roadside test unit and it was not technically a crime on its own right,it was classed as driving under the influence and most got off if they passed the intoximeter,which is for alcohol
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Graphics Staff Administrator
Mozzie

Male
Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Agreed drink driving and drug driving is exactly the same..
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Gothic_Art_Designs/index/
roy
roy

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:26 pm

long overdue.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:12 am

We've had it here for quite a while on illegal drugs like marijuana and cocaine. it's a damned good idea too IMO.. I'm not sure about prescription drugs here, I guess if the Police could prove someone was too impaired to drive safely they could prosecute.. I'm on an opioid based medication for pain relief, if I took my usual dose and drove I'd get stitched up for it as I'd be half stoned.. that's why I got rid of the car, so I wasn't tempted to hop in and go down to the shops for things like a bit of milk or somthing..

I think they should make the penalties a bit harsher though, IMHO it's the same as driving drunk if you're stoned, you're not only a danger to yourself, but everyone else on the road...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
Jude161
Jude161

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:45 am

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:43 am

gotta agree .. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:11 am

Oz introduced this into the law a few years ago with booze buses wityh the ability to test for drugs and cars as well pulling people over.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:17 am

Damned booze buses, Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech 44866.. we've had them for about 7 or 8 years.. they do random places along with the patrols here, usually friday and saturday nights, but I've seen them out during the week here.. if it's christmas, they're out almost every night.. they test for drugs as well as booze too...
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:41 pm

There all oover the place here as well , have been for years, where i lve there are bridges at both ends of my town, they sit just past them and just out of town wjere you cannot turn off and if you do there are traffic cars parked on those side roads, so there aint no where out.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Sounds right.. they do the same sort of things here, especially friday and saturday nights, or holiday times.. it's not uncommon to see 2 or 3 buses and 12 cars in 1 place, so whatever you do they have you...
Back to top Go down
mommakiwi
mommakiwi

Female
Tiger
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:23 am

APS wrote:
I don't see any difference between Drink or Drug driving both are killers and both should be dealt with severely.

I agree wholeheartedly. No one should endanger innocent people through selfish actions and this includes Speeding too.
Back to top Go down
http://mommakiwi.blogspot.co.nz/
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:13 am

The speedsters get done here too, I think the limit on the open road is 120 k/ph, anything higher than that and it's a loss of licence and a fine if you're caught.. so 121 k/ph means a 6 month loss of licence plus around $2000.00 fine.. anything too much higher and it's a 12 month loss of licence and a bigger fine.. more often than not the car is seized too, it doesn't matter if the car is yours or not...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech   Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech Empty

Back to top Go down

Drug-driving law set to be introduced in Queen's Speech
Page 1 of 1