Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
from my disheartened australian cousin..... Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

from my disheartened australian cousin..... Getatt10 from my disheartened australian cousin..... Getatt10from my disheartened australian cousin..... Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
from my disheartened australian cousin..... Vote_lcapfrom my disheartened australian cousin..... Voting_barfrom my disheartened australian cousin..... Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
from my disheartened australian cousin..... Vote_lcapfrom my disheartened australian cousin..... Voting_barfrom my disheartened australian cousin..... Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

from my disheartened australian cousin.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
johno
johno

Male
Number of posts : 112917
Registration date : 2008-08-01

from my disheartened australian cousin..... Empty
PostSubject: from my disheartened australian cousin.....   from my disheartened australian cousin..... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 am

The ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER This one is a little different .......Two Different Versions – Old and New .......

There are Different Morals

OLD VERSION:
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has

no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE OLD STORY:

Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION: The Australian ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house
and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.

The ABC TV 0, 7, 9 , and 10 News Live show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with
a table filled with food. The country is aghast by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth as Australia , this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Bob Brown appears on the ABC with the grasshopper and everybody cries ..

The Greens Party and AWU stage a demonstration in front of the ant's house where all the news stations film the group singing, Join us comrades we shall overcome.

Green Party Leader Bob Brown condemns the ant and calls an urgent meeting with Julia Gillard on the plight of the Grasshopper. Both blame Tony Abbott, Julie Bishop,

Joe Hockey and Barnaby Joyce , Capitalism and Global warming for the grasshopper's plight. Bob Brown exclaims in an interview with TV News that the ant has gotten

rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls on Julia Gillard for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally to gain votes in the hope of winning the next election , the Government drafts the Economic Equity CDT Anti- Ant Act, retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to consider how his hard work and preparation has affected the Grasshoppers Mana and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive CDT taxes,

his home is confiscated under the Governments Land Repo Act and given to the grasshopper.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government confiscated house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant’s old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared to India to start work afresh CDT free, never to be seen again.

The grasshopper is found dead in a Drugs related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of Homeboy spiders who terrorize the once prosperous and peaceful, neighbourhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be careful how you vote in 2013

I've sent this to you because I believe that you are an ant!

You may wish to pass this on to other ants, but don't bother sending it on to any grasshoppers because they wouldn't understand it, anyway.

Back to top Go down
toetapping
toetapping

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2011-12-15

from my disheartened australian cousin..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: from my disheartened australian cousin.....   from my disheartened australian cousin..... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I love it. I know who I won't be voting for in 2013.

Sad but true. The less you do, arrive on our doorstop uninvited the more you get from the government.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet@proboards.com/

from my disheartened australian cousin.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: