Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
things you dont hear anymore Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

things you dont hear anymore Getatt10 things you dont hear anymore Getatt10things you dont hear anymore Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
things you dont hear anymore Vote_lcapthings you dont hear anymore Voting_barthings you dont hear anymore Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
things you dont hear anymore Vote_lcapthings you dont hear anymore Voting_barthings you dont hear anymore Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

things you dont hear anymore

Go down 
+4
toetapping
The Ultimate Deity of TGL
Diane
wiseguy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

things you dont hear anymore Empty
PostSubject: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:44 am

is there any phrase or saying you dont hear these days
like whiskey on the rocks
these days they say do you want ice
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 am

My grandkids brought home to me how silly some of the sayings from when I was young are when I said, (after seeing someone on the telly I hadn't seen before) "Who's she when she's at home?" the kids all turned and asked what it meant and I couldn't actually give them a good explanation of why paople say that things you dont hear anymore 44866

things you dont hear anymore 78071 home..Where have you been???
Back to top Go down

Male
Horse
Number of posts : 4777
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:30 am

"And it's Gold for Ireland"
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtopicz.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Diane wrote:
My grandkids brought home to me how silly some of the sayings from when I was young are when I said, (after seeing someone on the telly I hadn't seen before) "Who's she when she's at home?" the kids all turned and asked what it meant and I couldn't actually give them a good explanation of why paople say that things you dont hear anymore 44866

things you dont hear anymore 78071 home..Where have you been???
http://3456.heavenforum.org/ersonal reasons i have a wk on the net and a wk off things you dont hear anymore 44866
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Oh that's ok then things you dont hear anymore 44866
Back to top Go down
toetapping
toetapping

Female
Dog
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Hang the telphone up.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet@proboards.com/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 pm

years ago we used to say our phone number,now its just hello things you dont hear anymore 44866
Back to top Go down
mommakiwi
mommakiwi

Female
Tiger
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 am

years ago the kids were allowed to walk to school and if they got up to mischief along the way the neighbours would say "Get along with you now! Or I'll paddle your hide!"

a) These days the neighbours wouldn't be watching your kids while you are at work - they would be classified as perverts
b) The kids don't walk
c) you would be accused of assault for even threatening to smack their bottoms
Back to top Go down
http://mommakiwi.blogspot.co.nz/
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 am

same here,the local policeman would clip you round the ea and say nxt time i will tell your dad
Back to top Go down
mommakiwi
mommakiwi

Female
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:21 am

and no one would be shouting police brutality either!!!
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

nope youd rather take a clip off the policeman than off your dad things you dont hear anymore 44866
Back to top Go down
mommakiwi
mommakiwi

Female
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 am

rofl
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:31 pm

I don't hear too many manners these days.. I was brought up to say things like please and thanks, and maybe a hi, how are you.. the pleases and thanks are an uncommon thing these days unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
mommakiwi
mommakiwi

Female
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 pm

so are good evenings and good mornings. I hear plentiful grunts and unintelligible mutterings.
what ever happened to giving your seat to a lady on a bus???
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am

wiseguy wrote:
years ago we used to say our phone number,now its just hello things you dont hear anymore 44866

That because years ago the phone number only contained three digits...............things you dont hear anymore 44866

Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am

mommakiwi wrote:
so are good evenings and good mornings. I hear plentiful grunts and unintelligible mutterings.
i did once yrs ago when diane was pregnant,a very heavily pregnant indian woman got on the bus so i stood up to give her my seat,

her husband sat down,
i was that gobsmacked i said nothing as we were getting off in a couple of stops..and that is the truth

ignorant f@cking bastard, i,da said plenty , after i yanked the c@nt outta the seat
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 am

Some folks have no manners............. it was usual practice on buses for young mothers to sit their children on their knee so that an adult could get a seat. That doesn't happen very often now either.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Speaking of manners, it's amazing how many school kids hog seats on the bus and won't give up the seat to the elderly or disabled.. they sit on one seat and leave their feet on another seat, if we'd done that as kids, our parents would've biffed us round the lug...
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 pm

wiseguy wrote:
mommakiwi wrote:
i did once yrs ago when diane was pregnant,a very heavily pregnant indian woman got on the bus so i stood up to give her my seat,

her husband sat down,
i was that gobsmacked i said nothing as we were getting off in a couple of stops..and that is the truth

ignorant f@cking bastard, i,da said plenty , after i yanked the c@nt outta the seat

er who edited this post,please only correct mistakes,things you dont hear anymore 44866 do not add to my post
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 pm

You don't hear anyone say "do you want help with that pushchair" anymore ...mind you these days they don't need to fold up the pushchairs to get on a bus do they! I've even seen some lazy ****s wait half an hour for the next bus if there was no room to just wheel the baby on...rather than get the baby out and fold it up....
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Diane wrote:
You don't hear anyone say "do you want help with that pushchair" anymore ...mind you these days they don't need to fold up the pushchairs to get on a bus do they! I've even seen some lazy ****s wait half an hour for the next bus if there was no room to just wheel the baby on...rather than get the baby out and fold it up....
ive also seen bus drivers refuse to let people on even if they say they will fold the buggy.as they already have 3 unfolded prams on
Back to top Go down
Diane
Diane

Female

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Bloody rediculous!
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:10 am

I remember the days the buses here had hooks on the front for prams, so the mums had to take baby out, the drivers wouldn't let prams in the buses then as they were considered a safety prob if they ever had an accident or whatever...
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:26 pm

believe it or not,i think thats a great ides,the trouble with this country is all the bloody health and safety
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Not sure I'd want a baby and pram landing on me in an accident though, not in my shape, I'd be laid up a week or two from it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: things you dont hear anymore   things you dont hear anymore Empty

Back to top Go down

things you dont hear anymore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next