Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
High definition digital television. Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

High definition digital television. Getatt10 High definition digital television. Getatt10High definition digital television. Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
High definition digital television. Vote_lcapHigh definition digital television. Voting_barHigh definition digital television. Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
High definition digital television. Vote_lcapHigh definition digital television. Voting_barHigh definition digital television. Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

High definition digital television.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SandyC

Male
Dog
Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2011-11-01

High definition digital television. Empty
PostSubject: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 am

I finally got around to buying a new digital high definition tele on tuesday after cruising all the various shops websites and comparing prices, models and specs on different tele's. Our free to air TV is going digital later this year, so I thought I'd better get sorted before the rush and couldn't get what I wanted at the right price.

Finally ended up with a 26 inch Sony that'll give me a few extras like an on screen menu of what's on that day etc all through teletext. Press the right buttons on the remote and I can get all sorts of things on teletext like what's on every channel, the weather forecast, shopping or whatever, I can even set it up to give me the subtitles if I take out my hearing aids and don't want to have the neighbours listening in.

Had a guy come in this morning and set it up and tune it in to all the different stations this morning, I was amazed as to how quick he was, I offered him the manual just in case he needed it, but nope he didn't need it until I asked about the teletext, that had a different button to what he was used to, otherwise he wouldn't have needed the manual.

The thing that amazed me is the picture quality, it's truckloads better than the old analogue teles, so is the sound. The picture quality was the first thing I noticed though, it's amazing Now I have a high definition tele, I'd recommend them to others. I think the only thing that'll take a little getting used to is the screen being wider than it is high...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Sandys_Place/index/
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo
Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Sounds good Sandy.............happy viewing.High definition digital television. Thsmiley_watchtv
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:17 am

Thanks Mazzie. I'm enjoying it alright, I still can't get over the difference in picture quality, I'm starting to get the hang of the extra bells and whistles like the teletext and being able to get the subtitles if I need them. I've lost about 50% of my hearing now, so I find it handy using the sub titles and taking out my hearing aids...
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 pm

I use subtitles as well Sandy.....................and that's with my hearing aid in. High definition digital television. 44866 There's no hope for me.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:15 pm

I've got two new digital aids, luckily for me, the only thing they don't like much are my cordless phones. Surprisingly I have little problem with the cellphone, possibly because that's digital too. The technology is great these days though eh...

Seems like you should get your aids adjusted if you can't hear the tele though, my new tele comes through as clear as with my hearing aids, so if you have the digital aids, they should work properly...
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 pm

They won't adjust it because my hearing changes all the time. I have Meniere's which means that my hearing doesn't stay at the same level for very long. Its up and down all the time so I have to just use the adjustments that are on the aid. Fortunately, its only one ear that's affected. I'm used to it now and I have regular hearing tests so I'll just have to put up and shut up. High definition digital television. 44866
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:10 am

That'd be a pain having your hearing levels change.. maybe it's a good thing it's only got you in one ear...

I just noticed another handy feature with this tele, when I change channels it shows what channel I've changed to, the time and what programme is on at the time, quite handy for us channel surfers, at least I know whether to stop and watch or not...
Back to top Go down
mazzie
mazzie

Female
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:53 pm

My other 'arf is a channel hopper. He flicks through the channels when the advertisements are on. Gets right up my bliddy nose.
Back to top Go down
SandyC

Male
Dog

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm too lazy to do that, High definition digital television. 44866... besides, I'm usually watching something interesting and find if I start flipping channels I miss what I was watching, or some important bit of it. I quite like watching some of the doco's, so if I channel flip, I always miss something important and never find out what it was I missed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High definition digital television.   High definition digital television. Empty

Back to top Go down

High definition digital television.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: