Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A lot of the forum is hidden to non-members
Dale farm eviction Mascot11
Guests please register and say hello
Forum Awards

Dale farm eviction Getatt10 Dale farm eviction Getatt10Dale farm eviction Pewter10
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
johno (112917)
Dale farm eviction Vote_lcapDale farm eviction Voting_barDale farm eviction Vote_rcap 
morgan (55065)
Dale farm eviction Vote_lcapDale farm eviction Voting_barDale farm eviction Vote_rcap 
marti (31433)
wiseguy (28549)
Angel (7247)
ladyluck (6598)
Candy (6072)
kelly (5981)
cookie (5946)
mazzie (5550)

Dale farm eviction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ladyluck
ladyluck

Female
Rat
Number of posts : 6598
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:17 am

Do you think it is right that over 100 travelling families should be evicted from there land today ?

These people have bought the land they reside on and have done for ten years ,They have lost there fight with Basildon council to remain on the land because they built more properties etc on land brside it they didnt own .

Whats your views .,Should the council have rehomed them prior to eviction?

Or should they have just been made to remove illegal buildings and been allowed to stay on there own land ?

Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat
Number of posts : 28549
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am

i thought it was the land nxt door they are getting evicted from,
but the law must stay the same for them,as it does with any other,illegal buildings should be removed in my opinion but the land that is theirs should be able to do what they want etc
Back to top Go down
ladyluck
ladyluck

Female
Rat

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:42 pm

I agree they should have not built on the un owned land ,
But I do think the council should be doing more in regards to rehoming all these families ,My Uncle was a member of a travelling Community since his early teens And I myself have spent time on a travelling site when I was a kid ,He met an married a traveller , An anytime they were served eviction notices In Ireland and surrounding areas they just packed up and moved on It was easier for them as they were peacefull people and didnt want to cause trouble ,
But I do feel that the activists that are involved with Dale farm are not going to go without a fight where most travelling communities would just move on rather than have there property demolished by bulldozers. As a lot of travellers caravans are not insured and cannot afford to loose there home .
Though the Council have been aware of this for ten years and I think they should have considered they would expand there camp as there families grew etc ,And should maybe have took this into account when selling the original land .
Just my thoughts on the subject Not meant to offend anyone .,.
Back to top Go down

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:19 pm

As far as i understand from the press, they do indeed own the land but yes i suppose they shouldn't have built on it without permission just like everyone else has to. But did the council really have to wait for 10 years, 10 whole years to do something about it? Why don't they just leave them alone because they have disturbed a hornets nest here and they are the ones who will be sorry they did. (the council i mean) Pettiness of the council i think. Hope they don't live to regret it.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:44 pm

are they paying for the amenities water refuse collection etc
Back to top Go down
ladyluck
ladyluck

Female
Rat

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:07 pm

As far as I gather from a disscussion on this morning ,Apparently because they own the site they have to pay council tax and all ammenities ,But not sure if they are honey havent been watchin news today .There is a programme on tonight on Channel 4 at eight .
Maybe it will shed more light on the subject .
Back to top Go down
wiseguy
Admin
Admin
wiseguy

Male
Rat

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:28 pm

it seems theyve had a last min reprieve,im not for making anyone homeless,but if i built on greenbelt my house would be knocked down immiediatly,i think they should let them purchase the land if they can
Back to top Go down
ladyluck
ladyluck

Female
Rat

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 pm

I have to agree with you there honey ,They should be made the offer of buying the said land .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dale farm eviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dale farm eviction   Dale farm eviction Empty

Back to top Go down

Dale farm eviction
Page 1 of 1